NO AT LARGE TEAMS??????/

Eagle Eye

Notre Dame gets in automatically having finished in the top six and won nine games...as far as Ohio State, I guess Saunders meant they were the highest ranked of the at-large teams?

There were no discretionary spots available for at-large teams. In addition to the six conference champions, Ohio State got an automatic for being in the top four of the final bcs, and ND got an automatic for being in the top six. (Top twelve and nine wins qualifies ND for bcs consideration, but top six is automatic for them).

If LSU had not lost, then they would have been #4, and Ohio State would not have been automatic. Likewise, VT's loss moved ND into the top six.

ND has a special deal with the BCS which is the Top 6 automatic thing. Oregon doesn't. A non-conference champ in the Top 4 of the final BCS (Ohio St.) also has to be picked to a BCS bowl. So really Oregon couldn't have been picked. I suppose they didn't mention much about them so the talking heads could go "See the BCS worked this year..just like we said it would" and just sweep deserving teams under the rug

Want to know how full of B.S. this system is?

A 9-2 ND @ #6 in the BCS polls, while 10-1 Ducks team gets nothing and ranked #5

If getting ranked in the top 6 gets an automatic bid then WHY did Oregon not go ahead of ND after all Oregon #5 ND #6

media bullcrap!! :puke:

Want to know how full of B.S. this system is?

A 9-2 ND @ #6 in the BCS polls, while 10-1 Ducks team gets nothing and ranked #5

If getting ranked in the top 6 gets an automatic bid then WHY did Oregon not go ahead of ND after all  Oregon #5  ND #6

media bullcrap!!   :puke:

203446[/snapback]

Even worse--how about a 4-loss team (FSU) playing in a BCS bowl ! FSU is not the best team in the ACC...it's not even the best team in the state of Florida. That's why I hate automatic conference berths! :angry:

If they can make special rules to let Notre Dame in, they should also have rules to keep bad teams lucky enough to win a conference championship game out. I suggest at the least, require conference champions to have no more than 2 losses to qualify for their automactic berth. If the winner of the championship game has lost 3 or more, the BCS can use that conference berth to invite another at-large team.

Did UGA just make the biggest BCS jump or am I nuts? We virtually did not change in in the computer rankings een though 2 teams ahead of us lost. But UGA the team we beat jumps 6 spots and LSU falls 8!!!!!!!! :blink:

Not to mention the bowl shaft Oregon and LSU got. Although the Peach is not a bad bowl and they got a very good opponent in Miami. I actually hope OU (7-4)will beat Oregon to prove the weakness of the Pac10.

Notre Dame's BCS deal sucks....I hope OSU beats them down and badly!!!

Archived