Stabbing after Bama Game

AFTiger

He was saying nasty stuff
Common sense would lead most to come to that conclusion. Fri nite, on the eve of a game such as this, tensions tend to run a bit high. But other than some vague refernces as to what was said, the article really didn't offer much more than what was already reported. That Joey Michael Barrett wasn't charged w/ attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon is bewildering. I can only imagine that the DA is going for the absolute sure thing, by going for the lesser charge, instead of one more fitting for this gutless animal.

By the time this guy turned himself in, the police have had more than ample time to get the stories of all involved so there's no doubt they knew all of this. I imagine they felt the charges were appropriate given the evidence. I know the defendant is fairly young, but if he did this kind of thing, there's a good chance he doesn't have a spotless past. If he has a prior record not sealed by the courts, this could be a very serious thing with the enhancements.

From the link:

“I didn’t see where the guy came from,” said Sheffield, who recalled feeling a “prick on the lower left side of my body.”

Sounds like either Shula or Croyle was with him!! :lmao:

That story is ridiculous. I can't believe that that happened. I also can't believe that they let the guy get away only to come back and continue stabbing people. I mean they have like 40 something brothers. I'm just surprised more weren't there. They are one of the nicer fraternities though.

That story is ridiculous. I can't believe that that happened. I also can't believe that they let the guy get away only to come back and continue stabbing people. I mean they have like 40 something brothers. I'm just surprised more weren't there. They are one of the nicer fraternities though.

205272[/snapback]

They are a great group of guys! Oh, and they have far more that 40 brothers now. They just initiated 30 new brothers in this last pledge class. Anyway, I was there that night, and a lot of people, myself included, were inside due to it being so cold outside, I also know that a bunch of people had left to go to the bars at that point too.

Oooh... I didn't realize this was Phi Kappa Tau... I have some buddies from that frat. That sucks...

I wouldn't doubt it if the fraternity guys were egging him on a bit, but the man sounds like he just snapped. IF their story is 100% true, that guy should seek mental help. I've "talked some trash" myself, and I've done it RIGHT in someone else's face, but I've never done enough to force someone to throw a punch.

I hate REDNECK :ua: -HOLES that ruin the fun for everyone else.

Archived