Bowl picks...

moe

Alright guys, just looking for some help on picking some of these crap bowl games. give me your "mark it down" and "pretty sure" bets:

Toledo (8-3) - UTEP (8-3)

Brigham Young (6-5) - California (7-4)

Kansas (6-5) - Houston (6-5)

Nevada (8-3) - UCF (8-4)

Memphis (6-5) - Akron (7-5)

Arizona State (6-5) - Rutgers (7-4)

South Florida (6-5) - N.C. State (6-5)

Tulsa (8-4 - Fresno State (8-4)

war eagle :cheer:

Tough calls, moe. I prefer a coin flip myself, but if a gun were held to my head I would go with:

Mark it down:

Kansas over Houston

UCF over Nevada

Memphis over Akron

Fresno State over Tulsa

Pretty sure:

UTEP over Toledo

Cal over BYU

Rutgers over Arizona State

USF over NCSU

Moe, just do what the "smart ones" on the board do - copy my picks! :roflol::poke::roflol:

Hell, I've got one right already and the bowls have barely started!

Holy Toledo, there's a BIG GAME tonight!

Listen up Dude . . . the game is in Mobile which is just down I-10 from Pensacola. Mike Price is the head coach of UTEP. Do you really think he'll make curfew? :slimer: :beer2: Note the color of his face in the pre-game shots. Red is not good.

My guess is there will be some "It's Rollin' Baby" signs in the stands.

Go with the Rockets. By the third quarter they'll be in orbit and the game will be out of reach. You may catch a glimpse of CMP takin' a little "nip" on the sidelines by then.

If you pick the Miners, you're just diggin' yourself a hole.

BLAST OFF YOU MIGHTY ROCKETS!

[Ground control to Major Tom. . . *grin*]

Tough calls, moe. I prefer a coin flip myself, but if a gun were held to my head I would go with:

Mark it down:

Kansas over Houston

UCF over Nevada

Memphis over Akron

Fresno State over Tulsa

Pretty sure:

UTEP over Toledo

Cal over BYU

USF over NCSU

206377[/snapback]

I like TiS picks except for the Toledo/UTEP game. I agree with LE on going with Holy Toledo Batman!!!!!!!

Mark it down:

Kansas over Houston

UCF over Nevada

Memphis over Akron

Fresno State over Tulsa

Pretty sure:

UTEP over Toledo

Cal over BYU

USF over NCSU

206377[/snapback]

I like TiS picks except for the Toledo/UTEP game. I agree with LE on going with Holy Toledo Batman!!!!!!!

206406[/snapback]

Good call! I thought the Miners would show up for this one. I guess it wasn't Price's destiny to win :big:

Mark it down:

Kansas over Houston

UCF over Nevada

Memphis over Akron

Fresno State over Tulsa

Pretty sure:

UTEP over Toledo

Cal over BYU

USF over NCSU

206377[/snapback]

206406[/snapback]

Good call! I thought the Miners would show up for this one. I guess it wasn't Price's destiny to win :big:

206566[/snapback]

I think he had his mind on how close he was to Pensacola!!! :roflol:

I don't even know Toledo's coach's name, but some big school would do well to hire him. What a running game. What could he do w/ talent? His guys dropped passes and interceptions, but still dominated. My hat is off to the guy! :homer:

the name is tom amstutz, talk about a great story, he played there, later landed the job there. i doubt he would leave unless somebody really big came calling with ryder truck full o' money. heard that his office overlooking part of stadium has a balcony where he grills food for himself and some of the coaches during the week. you do not want to underestimate these mac teams, i have been watching them, they can play. ask alabama about northern illinois a few years ago. they get a lot of guys that are overlooked by bigger schools, or left out of the numbers game, or simply peak after high school. but this guy is one hell of a coach.

Archived