GEORGIA DMV...AUBURN CLUB TAGS NEW FOR 2006

Dyebama

Being a Georgia resident, I love it. I once owned the 17-16 tag which was hanging in the Auburn museum last time I was in there. Sold the car, and forgot to keep the tag years ago (stupid on my part). In my area of Georgia (Columbus), we probably out number all other fans, including Georgia. I will imagine this does not go well with Georgia nor Bama fans, but there are many War Eagle people now exhilarated.

Good job to the Atlanta Auburn club!

I have to get one in February...anyone know what the additional cost is?

Thanks....

:au::homer:

Thanks....

:au:   :homer:

209756[/snapback]

I think it's $25..but I could be wrong

Thanks....

209756[/snapback]

Manufacturing Fee:

$25.00

Annual Registration Fee:

$20.00

Annual Special Tag Fee:

$25.00

Ad Valorem Tax Required:

Yes

Required Forms:

Special Qualifications:

See below

Where do the funds go?

State Treasury

Is the county name decal required?

Yes

Additional Information:

Tag available for issuance January 2, 2006.

I just renewed my tag in Dec., but will be moving to a different county in March/April. I know I'm supposed to transfer my registration when I move, but does anyone know if I'll be able to get the new AU tag then or will I have to wait until Dec.? Thanks.

The LSU tags we had here in Louisiana got banned, along with other..... um, novelty, plates.

I just renewed my tag in Dec., but will be moving to a different county in March/April.  I know I'm supposed to transfer my registration when I move, but does anyone know if I'll be able to get the new AU tag then or will I have to wait until Dec.?  Thanks.

209781[/snapback]

in florida, i think you can change tags anytime, regardless of when it expires...

wish we had AU tags in Florida..... I do at least have a personalized plate on....AU related of course...

Thanks....

209756[/snapback]

Manufacturing Fee:

$25.00

Annual Registration Fee:

$20.00

Annual Special Tag Fee:

$25.00

Ad Valorem Tax Required:

Yes

Required Forms:

Special Qualifications:

See below

Where do the funds go?

State Treasury

Is the county name decal required?

Yes

Additional Information:

Tag available for issuance January 2, 2006.

209779[/snapback]

You forgot, "First born male child".... :rolleyes:

Thanks....

:au::homer:

i just got an AUBURN plate here in TN before christmas. it improves the look of my Saturn 1000%! :) it's beAUtiful. the car looks even better since i added my HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE bumper sticker. :big:

i just got an AUBURN plate here in TN before christmas.  it improves the look of my Saturn 1000%!  :)   it's beAUtiful.  the car looks even better since i added my HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE bumper sticker.  :big:

209844[/snapback]

I got the Tenn. plate for my wife's car a few years ago. Her car was "keyed" twice while parked in a shopping center parking lot. The last time was after we had it painted because of the first one. No, I don't think that UT fans did it. Guess who?

It's a shame these morons exist, but we just gave up. I hate it. I wish you better luck with yours.

Thanks for the post. Good to know that Georgia has finally come through with Auburn tags. I just emailed the link to my Dad (a Georgia resident).

I have AU plates on my Virginia car and they look great!

I got the Tenn. plate for my wife's car a few years ago. Her car was "keyed" twice while parked in a shopping center parking lot. The last time was after we had it painted because of the first one. No, I don't think that UT fans did it. Guess who?

It's a shame these morons exist, but we just gave up. I hate it. I wish you better luck with yours.

209912[/snapback]

thanks. maybe the anti-bama stickers will help keep the UT fans away. :D i had a plate previously until i moved to Kentucky and had never had a problem. we'll see.

I just renewed my tag in Dec., but will be moving to a different county in March/April.  I know I'm supposed to transfer my registration when I move, but does anyone know if I'll be able to get the new AU tag then or will I have to wait until Dec.?  Thanks.

209781[/snapback]

Should be able to go and get it. Should not have to pay taxes again till next Dec. all you are doing if buying the plate, not the license. You have already paid for that.

I'll go one day this week and see if I can get mine. I already have the paperwork since I was one of the ones that sent "seed" money in so the rest of you slackers could have the privelege also..... :P

:au: Hey all -- I am one of the Administrators of the Atlanta Auburn Club message board (and club board member involved in this Georgia tag effort) ...

I heard this string was on your message board so thought I'd go ahead and post.

We have a Georgia Tag Forum on our message board. You will find a link on our homepage at www.atlantaauburnclub.com. I've got the same login there as here. Have posted lots of information since last week -- including information for those who already applied for tag, those who haven't yet applied -- and info for those of us (incl me) who have birthdays during the 2006 AU Football Season (answer: yes you can get the tag early -- you would pay the tag fee now -- and then would have to pay the Special Tag $45 renewal charge ($25 + $20) + applicable taxes/state fees when you birthday does roll around.)

Feel free to message us at: communications@atlantaauburnclub.com, or better yet, post on our message board, if you have any other questions!! We've got people from around the state checking our tag Forum for updates pretty regularly.

War Eagle!!

Archived