We are the leader for Hawthorne

Erik81

We're still ALSO in the contention for these big-name (4 star+) prospects:

DT Charles Deas (4 star, #6 DT on Rivals)

DT Adam Patterson (4 star, #7 DT on Rivals)

DT Corey Peters (4 Star, #20-something DT)

DE Geno Atkins (4 Star, #20-something Strongside DE Rivals)

DE Bryant Miller (4 star, #6 or so Weakside DE)

TE: Goggans (4 star, Top 15 TE I believe)

LB: Stevens (4 star, Top 25 LB)

Obviously I'm not expecting us to get all of those players, but a couple of those guys with addition to Whitehead, Hawthorne (and Berry, Ricks) would be an absolutely ridiculous close to the class.

Don't get excited until he announces.  He's flip flopped a lot so take this with a grain of salt.

213548[/snapback]

if you are talking about miller, i don't know where you got your information but miller has not been flippy. he clearly has stated he favors miami but they have not offered yet, but with that unlikely he has now gave auburn the nod over michigan and south florida.

likewise, hawthorne has been low key and not named a leader until now. auburn, usc and georgia are his favorites with auburn given the nod.

no linky dink as it is from rivals.com subscription.

Don't get excited until he announces.  He's flip flopped a lot so take this with a grain of salt.

213548[/snapback]

if you are talking about miller, i don't know where you got your information but miller has not been flippy. he clearly has stated he favors miami but they have not offered yet, but with that unlikely he has now gave auburn the nod over michigan and south florida.

likewise, hawthorne has been low key and not named a leader until now. auburn, usc and georgia are his favorites with auburn given the nod.

no linky dink as it is from rivals.com subscription.

213557[/snapback]

I think Miller is ours, the only real competition was Miami and they just got a committment from a 3rd DE today. It seems that they are filled and will not offer Miller, which is why he is probably high on us now.

BTW: He was talking about Hawthorne. With Hawthorne, him naming us the leader doesn't really guarentee us anything. However, it should be noted that about a month ago it was clearly an Auburn/Georgia battle for Hawthorne...after the 'Bama and SC visits people (for some reason) kind of wrote us off (as Hawthorne had been quiet after our visit). Considering that we were one of his leaders a month or so ago, and now that we're appearently once again the leader, I'd say our chances are pretty good with him. Obviously, he could be setting everyone up for some huge surprise pick (which he stated he wanted to do a while ago) but I just feel that that is unlikely at this point.

I was referring to Hawthorne. He worries me because it seems like he has been "blown away, perfect visit, 10/10, etc." everywhere he visits. While it is good news, I'm not gonna rule out SC or UGA.

After reading the article in the Birmingham News I wont believe tim until he enrolls at Auburn.......his parents have spent 27000 dollars traveling and visiting schools undercover :blink: that is wierd

His parents have money and they are using it to make the decision of his life. I don't fault him, but I really do wish he'd commit to us. Come on Tim! I know you're reading this!!

On another recruiting note...if Andre Smith really is a bama lock, why hasn't he committed yet? I don't understand whats going on. If they want to do it for "closing momentum" what better time than now? Why wait until everyone is committed before announcing him. I feel that if we get that official visit from him (he said we have a pretty good shot at it) we might actually have a chance...NOT HOLDING MY BREATH THO...

:cheer::au::cheer:

Archived