FootballRumorMill.com

DKW 86

This is from a not very reliable source. I do not have anything to back this up as yet. Nothing is confirmed. Nothing but another recruiting season rumor.

http://footballrumormill.com/Scoop.htm

1-27-06

Rumor has it Auburn DC David Gibbs is headed back to the NFL and Tommy Tuberville has already begun looking for his replacement.  Don't look for an announcement on Gibbs until after recruiting is over (February 1st).

ADD: They are notoriously incorrect. If this is THE source I am being pestered with please stop asking about it. The site carries more :bs: than TI.

That place is right about 50% of the time...which is about the same average as any regular joe.

Remember when they swore up and down CTT was headed to New Orleans?

I am not kidding when I keep asking this....can someone give me actual proof of one "rumor" they have EVER gotten right?

Everything I have ever seen from that site is either A) A link to a newspaper article or B) A rumor only posted (it seems) to gather shock value links.

Several months back they had Mark Richt heading to NFL rumors for 2 days....bogus...I mean...not even remotely true.

Then the Tubs to New Orleans garbage.

Or the fantastic article about Nick Saban leaving the Dolphins to coach the Aints several weeks back

My experience with those folks is to believe anything they say ONLY after verification comes from elsewhere. :au:

Registered in August of 2005 by "RHS Enterprises"

Interesting note:

contact is a residential "comcast" email address in Hattiesburg, MS

the DNS server runs through register.com

What does this tell you?

They are not big time. They are not a real company. I think its some person who is trying to drive up pageviews and unique sessions so he can get some advertising money.

When you show hit metrics, it doesnt matter how you drew people to your site. It just matters that you consistently draw traffic to your site. If you throw out a few "stories" or "rumors" you will get linked all over the place. Which helps with search engine web bot crawls.

They use generic/canned blogging software.

The three non network links: Terry Bowden, Danny Sheridan, and Paul Finebaum...all have things in common...and all reach the same group of people.

ANd the Advertising link is in their main navigation...thats not transparent at all.

Exactly.

They make up rumors with zero basis behind them just so people will link to them hence the hits.

The rumors they come up with are so stupid and off-base that I have always wondered if they had ever gotten a single one correct.

Maybe they have and I just haven't seen one. :huh:

BG03 and slink are totally correct. The rumor was out there SINCE 1-27 THAT WAS FRIDAY FOLKS!!!!!! and I was getting pms and emails by the dozen about them.

All I did was acknowledge the source and that the source has an abysmal track record. THIS SOURCE IS NOT, ON AVERAGE, MORE CORRECT THAN FLIPPING A NICKEL.

Registered in August of 2005 by "RHS Enterprises"

Interesting note:

contact is a residential "comcast" email address in Hattiesburg, MS

the DNS server runs through register.com

What does this tell you?

They are not big time. They are not a real company. I think its some person who is trying to drive up pageviews and unique sessions so he can get some advertising money.

When you show hit metrics, it doesnt matter how you drew people to your site. It just matters that you consistently draw traffic to your site. If you throw out a few "stories" or "rumors" you will get linked all over the place. Which helps with search engine web bot crawls.

They use generic/canned blogging software.

The three non network links: Terry Bowden, Danny Sheridan, and Paul Finebaum...all have things in common...and all reach the same group of people.

ANd the Advertising link is in their main navigation...thats not transparent at all.

215574[/snapback]

Good research BG. That sounds right on the money!

This rumor may be loosely founded upon this article:

http://www.txexecutions.org/reports/230.asp

David Gibbs

David Earl Gibbs, 39, was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday, 23 August, in Huntsville, Texas, for the murder of two mentally ill women in their apartment.

In July 1985, Gibbs, then 24, barged into the Conroe apartment of Marietta Bryant, 29, and Carol Ackland, 46. Both women had mental and emotional health problems and had recently been released from a mental hospital. Bryant was depicted in court testimony as having the emotional maturity of an adolescent. Some reports say that Gibbs, who lived in the same apartment complex, was a nursing aide who worked with mentally ill people. By other reports, he was employed as a maintenance man at the apartments. Gibbs got into an argument with Ackland and forced her to have sex with him. Then, in the words of his written statement to police, "While I was having sex with her, I cut her throat. I don't know why I did it." Next, he raped Bryant and slashed her throat with a butcher knife, and ransacked the place to make it look like the women were killed in a burglary.

The women's bodies were discovered two weeks later by their caseworker, who went to the apartment after becoming concerned that they had not reported to their jobs. Gibbs' fingerprints were found on the entrance the apartment,as well as inside. Police searched Gibbs' apartment and found a pack of cigarettes that matched the brand of a butt found at the murder scene. A radio belonging to one of the dead women was found at Gibbs' girlfirend's home.

Gibbs was arrested at the home of a friend in Cleveland, Texas a month after the killings, and gave police a voluntary statement. He was found guilty of killing Marietta Bryant and sent to death row without being tried for killing Carol Ackland.

Gibbs had been in prison in Michigan from 1978 to 1980 for auto theft. In March 1981, he began serving three years of a five-year sentence in Texas for robbery and theft. He was paroled in January 1984.

In an interview several years ago, Gibbs described himself as a "country gentleman." "This is a blow to everything I believe in," he said. "I don't believe in hitting women. But for me to turn around and rape and murder two women ... the point is, I did it."

In 1990, Gibbs was involved in the death of a fellow death-row inmate. Calvin Williams was strangled with a rope in a recreation yard. Gibbs told investigators he helped Williams commit suicide. One report says he was found guilty of voluntary manslaughter; another says he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter. In any case, he received another 20-year sentence.

At his execution, Gibbs told Mickey Bryant, Marietta's brother, "I have wronged you and your family, and for that I am truly sorry. I forgive and have been forgiven." He was pronounced dead at 6:18 p.m.

Afterwards, Mickey Bryant told a reporter, "the apology doesn't cover the crime that he committed. He needed to die for that crime. But, I did appreciate the statement and the fact that in his mind, he has been forgiven as best as I understood it and I hope that's the case. The Lord will judge in the end, and whether or not he truly repented as was forgiven, in my mind, he paid the price he needed to pay. I guess if I was a vindictive person, I would think that he should die in the way that he murdered Marietta ... (but) we live in a humane society and that's the humane way to do it."

David Gibbs

David Earl Gibbs, 39, was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday, 23 August, in Huntsville, Texas, for the murder of two mentally ill women in their apartment.

In July 1985, Gibbs, then 24, barged into the Conroe apartment of Marietta Bryant, 29, and Carol Ackland, 46. Both women had mental and emotional health problems and had recently been released from a mental hospital. Bryant was depicted in court testimony as having the emotional maturity of an adolescent. Some reports say that Gibbs, who lived in the same apartment complex, was a nursing aide who worked with mentally ill people. By other reports, he was employed as a maintenance man at the apartments. Gibbs got into an argument with Ackland and forced her to have sex with him. Then, in the words of his written statement to police, "While I was having sex with her, I cut her throat. I don't know why I did it." Next, he raped Bryant and slashed her throat with a butcher knife, and ransacked the place to make it look like the women were killed in a burglary.

The women's bodies were discovered two weeks later by their caseworker, who went to the apartment after becoming concerned that they had not reported to their jobs. Gibbs' fingerprints were found on the entrance the apartment,as well as inside. Police searched Gibbs' apartment and found a pack of cigarettes that matched the brand of a butt found at the murder scene. A radio belonging to one of the dead women was found at Gibbs' girlfirend's home.

Gibbs was arrested at the home of a friend in Cleveland, Texas a month after the killings, and gave police a voluntary statement. He was found guilty of killing Marietta Bryant and sent to death row without being tried for killing Carol Ackland.

Gibbs had been in prison in Michigan from 1978 to 1980 for auto theft. In March 1981, he began serving three years of a five-year sentence in Texas for robbery and theft. He was paroled in January 1984.

In an interview several years ago, Gibbs described himself as a "country gentleman." "This is a blow to everything I believe in," he said. "I don't believe in hitting women. But for me to turn around and rape and murder two women ... the point is, I did it."

In 1990, Gibbs was involved in the death of a fellow death-row inmate. Calvin Williams was strangled with a rope in a recreation yard. Gibbs told investigators he helped Williams commit suicide. One report says he was found guilty of voluntary manslaughter; another says he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter. In any case, he received another 20-year sentence.

At his execution, Gibbs told Mickey Bryant, Marietta's brother, "I have wronged you and your family, and for that I am truly sorry. I forgive and have been forgiven." He was pronounced dead at 6:18 p.m.

Afterwards, Mickey Bryant told a reporter, "the apology doesn't cover the crime that he committed. He needed to die for that crime. But, I did appreciate the statement and the fact that in his mind, he has been forgiven as best as I understood it and I hope that's the case. The Lord will judge in the end, and whether or not he truly repented as was forgiven, in my mind, he paid the price he needed to pay. I guess if I was a vindictive person, I would think that he should die in the way that he murdered Marietta ... (but) we live in a humane society and that's the humane way to do it."

215694[/snapback]

:lmao:

I know he did bad at the Cap One Bowl but...... :lol:

That is an insult to the nickel

215591[/snapback]

save the Buffalo!!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

David Gibbs

215694[/snapback]

So what they REALLY mean from this article is that David Gibbs was spotted at the Huntsville airport heading for Texas to interview for the Assistant Defensive Coordinator job, working alongside Gene Chizik.

Hey, I could qualify for a job with footballrumormill.com.

:cheer:

Well now that the news that Gibbs is gone is breaking, I guess some people here should think twice about pooh-poohing rumors so adamantly. :D

216815[/snapback]

Did proud tiger just use "pooh-poohing" on a football board? :roflol:

I stand by everything I said. That site comes up with more bullcrap than any other site on the internet.

If that site was relative to a batting average, they would be struggling to hit .050

Archived