Other Message Boards

SCWarEagle

I have to admit I lurk on some other AU message boards from time to time. Particularly lately because my brain has been eaten up with all of this recruiting business. I have been constantly jumping around 3 boards looking for the latest rumors, facts, speculation ... whatever.

But I have to say that this board is BY FAR the best AU board anywhere. Sure, some of the other boards offer "premium content" when you pay your fee, but most of that is just speculation and opinion, anyway.

But more importantly, I find the posters on this board to be SO much more enjoyable, more civil and genuinely a better class of people than I find on these other boards. Granted, I don't actually "know" any of you (except DCTiger, and he's definitely a loser :big: ), but I get the feeling that I would like most of you as people and as Auburn brothers and sisters. I hate to be so judgmental of other AU people, but I wouldn't even want to sit in the same section at a football game as a lot of these people on these other boards. I even like the Corndogs and, God help me, the Bammers on this board better than most of the yahoos on those other un-named boards.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but that's just my impression, and I apologize if some of you find it snooty or offensive just on general principle.

Having gotten all of that off of my chest, I want to once again thank DKW and all of the mods on this board for giving us a place to get together and discuss our beloved Tigers from the Loveliest By-God Village on the Plains.

:au: War Damn Eagle! :au:

I have to admit I lurk on some other AU message boards from time to time. Particularly lately because my brain has been eaten up with all of this recruiting business. I have been constantly jumping around 3 boards looking for the latest rumors, facts, speculation ... whatever.

But I have to say that this board is BY FAR the best AU board anywhere. Sure, some of the other boards offer "premium content" when you pay your fee, but most of that is just speculation and opinion, anyway.

But more importantly, I find the posters on this board to be SO much more enjoyable, more civil and genuinely a better class of people than I find on these other boards. Granted, I don't actually "know" any of you (except DCTiger, and he's definitely a loser  :big: ), but I get the feeling that I would like most of you as people and as Auburn brothers and sisters. I hate to be so judgmental of other AU people, but I wouldn't even want to sit in the same section at a football game as a lot of these people on these other boards. I even like the Corndogs and, God help me, the Bammers on this board better than most of the yahoos on those other un-named boards.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but that's just my impression, and I apologize if some of you find it snooty or offensive just on general principle.

Having gotten all of that off of my chest, I want to once again thank DKW and all of the mods on this board for giving us a place to get together and discuss our beloved Tigers from the Loveliest By-God Villiage on the Plains.

:au:   War Damn Eagle!  :au:

215874[/snapback]

I second that! this is the best board! Ive been here just a couple days and i can allready tell that this is way better than those other boards. Thanks to all and thanks to the mods!

agreed 100%. on most other boards i've visited, you have to weed through 9 posts of personal insults (hurled through any number of gaps in the poster's teeth) to find 1 that has any useful information or anything resembling wit.

this board is at the opposite end of the spectrum. good information, good humor, great mods. i rarely post b/c i rarely am able to say anything that hasn't already been said well by somebody else. wish i would've discovered this place sooner.

big props to the "rival" folks who post regularly as well. consistently good comments (and questions).

Can you tell us where Tim...nevermind.

Seriously, I have only been posting here for a few months, but this is the best site I have seen. God job to David and all the mods.

War Damn AUNation!!!

I have no idea the names of the people who run this site..................but I really enjoy the conversation..............I hve to talk all day at work and it is fun to talk about something I love like AUBURN thanks so much fo a great place to talk :cheer:

Archived