Best New Bush Quote

Jenny AU-92

Rejecting calls for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq, Bush said, "There is no peace in retreat." He also slapped at those who complain he took the country to war on the erroneous grounds that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

"Hindsight alone is not wisdom," Bush said. "And second-guessing is not a strategy."

[Camera cuts to John Kerry...]

B) Excellent.

Hard to believe that the new england lib was the best the dems could dig up.

Tonight the President reminded me once again why I am thankful HE is in the White House! :thumbsup:

"Hindsight alone is not wisdom," Bush said. "And second-guessing is not a strategy"

Well said , indeed. I attribute this to Patton, because I think it came from the movie, but either way, I like it. Never pay for the same real estate twice

PRESIDENT'S HAVE A KNACK FOR MAKING GREAT QUOTES.

J.F.K. "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY."

R.R. "THEY SLIPPED THE SURLEY BONDS OF EARTH." ADDRESS TO THE NATION AFTER THE CHALLENGER EXPLOSION.

B.C. "I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN." ;) DURING MONICA-GATE.

G.W.B. "I HEARD YOU, WE ALL HEARD YOU, AND SOON THE PEOPLE WHO DID THIS WILL HEAR ALL OF US." SPEAKING AT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER SITE.

LAST NIGHT G.W. HAD A MOVING QUOTE IN THE BEGINNING OF HIS SPEACH.

"TODAY OR NATION LOST A BELOVED, GRACEFUL, COURAGEOUS WOMAN WHO CALLED AMERICA TO ITS FOUNDING IDEALS AND CARRIED ON A NOBLE DREAM. TONIGHT WE ARE COMFORTED BY THE HOPE OF A GLAD REUNION WITH THE HUSBAND WHO WAS TAKEN FOR HER SO LONG AGO, AND WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE GOOD LIFE OF CORETTA SCOTT KING."

JUST A FEW QUOTES I REMEMBER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN.

Great quote Jenny, here are several more.

President George W. Bush in the 2006 State of the Union address:

"In a system of two parties, two chambers, and two elected branches, there will always be differences and debate. But even tough debates can be conducted in a civil tone, and our differences cannot be allowed to harden into anger."

"Far from being a hopeless dream, the advance of freedom is the great story of our time. In 1945, there were about two dozen lonely democracies on Earth. Today, there are 122."

"We are the Nation that saved liberty in Europe, and liberated death camps, and helped raise up democracies, and faced down an evil empire. Once again, we accept the call of history to deliver the oppressed, and move this world toward peace."

"Along the way (in Iraq), we have benefited from responsible criticism and counsel offered by Members of Congress of both parties... Yet there is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success, and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second-guessing is not a strategy."

"If there are people inside our country who are talking with al-Qa'ida, we want to know about it—because we will not sit back and wait to be hit again."

"Our economy grows when Americans have more of their own money to spend, save, and invest... I urge the Congress to act responsibly, and make the tax cuts permanent."

"The Federal budget has too many special interest projects... We must also confront the larger challenge of mandatory spending, or entitlements."

"Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security, yet the rising cost of entitlements is a problem that is not going away—and with every year we fail to act, the situation gets worse."

"The Supreme Court now has two superb new members, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Sam Alito. I thank the Senate for confirming both of them. And I will continue to nominate men and women who understand that judges must be servants of the law, and not legislate from the bench."

Archived