What's the word on Andre Smith??

tgr4lfe

I thought he was committed to uat? He is not listed on their commits on scout anymore. What gives?? Titan? Of course, if he goes somewhere else, they didn't really need him and/or he wasn't a right fit for bama...he is a OL, right? Seems like any OL that can block will be a right fit. :poke::roflol::roflol:

Southern Cal is making a huge push to get him, all last night, Some are saying he is leaning towards USC, dont be surprised if he goes there, BUT in the end im pretty sure he is gonna stay home

Also, these kids don't have to sign today. There's a few every year that like to drag it out a while longer. You know the Bammies, USC and anyone he would commit to, would find a place for him next week, next month, or next year for that matter. :D

im getting some crazy rumors going on about this Smith, like he is now leaning more towards Florida state????, Anyways my solid bet would be Bama

Wait a few more minutes:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...0460.xml&coll=3

Smith, a 6-5, 325-pounder who is seen as a cornerstone tackle for some lucky program the next few years, has played the recruiting game right to the finish line. The No. 1 prospect on the Mobile Register's Super Southeast 120 will announce his decision today in a press conference scheduled for 11 a.m. at the Huffman High gym.
Realistically, I fully expect to see him wearing an ugly crimson (or "dark pink") jersey next year and am not really losing much sleep over it.

...But it sure would be a hoot to watch the Bama boards if he decides to become a Trojan!

Sounds like he's milking it for everything it is worth, or really is unable to make any decision. If he's not coming to us, and I realize he isn't, I hope he goes far, far away!!!

He's Bama bound! :D

216686[/snapback]

*yawn*

Big surprise there.

Hope he made the right decision for him and for his family in the long run. It's certainly not the decision I would have made, considering that the coach who recruited him is unlikely to remain there for his entire career, but...

He's Bama bound! :D

216686[/snapback]

Congrats...he's a good one.

:au::homer:

He pulled out a hounds tooth hat instead of a regular ball cap...I thought it was a pretty nice touch. Something different. Congrats to him and Bama...they signed a good OL class this year which was definitely needed.

Congrats on the catch.

But, I thought Bama players never did the hat trick? UNless of course they are Shaun Alexander, Brodie Croyle, Andre Smith, etc.

...they signed a good OL class this year which was definitely needed.

216691[/snapback]

You got that right!. Hope JPW gets better protection than Brodie did. :big:

216691[/snapback]

216696[/snapback]

I don't.... :big:

216691[/snapback]

216696[/snapback]

I don't.... :big:

216698[/snapback]

He won't. :D

Archived