USC may have to forfeit 2004 title

I apologize if this has already been posted. I just wanted to get your comments about USC maybe having to give up its 2004 National Championship. If that is the case do you think there is anyway the BCS or either of the polls awards the title to Auburn? Don't forget that Utah was also undefeated. Personally I think the 2004 Championship would just be vacated.

I apologize if this has already been posted. I just wanted to get your comments about USC maybe having to give up its 2004 National Championship. If that is the case do you think there is anyway the BCS or either of the polls awards the title to Auburn? Don't forget that Utah was also undefeated. Personally I think the 2004 Championship would just be vacated.

233972[/snapback]

I will take it but I bet the NCAA finds a way to keep the condoms out of the hole the Crimson Tide dug. :poke:

i wouldn't feel right accepting it so i think it should just be vacated but i would LOVE to see USC stripped. either way i know who the best TEAM in america was in 2004, and it was my tigers.

Accepting a title? We won the SEC (in convincing fashion with one of the hardest schedules in America, beating top ten team Tenn. (twice), top ten team Georgia, top ten team LSU, top ten team VTech) .... we won every game.... we won the Sugar bowl.... I already claim something that other teams cant claim that season. I could care less what happens to USC, just another media hyped team that plays a joke of a season.

Retro-active MNC's should be limited to the UAT "dynasty."

234007[/snapback]

BINGO!

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

If USC is forced to forfeit those games, Oklahoma should be awarded the crystal trophy. They were in the BCS game and therefore would be the winners if USC forfeits.

I hope this scenario plays out rather than Auburn getting any benefit from the misdeeds of others. I am at peace with the decisions of 2004/early 2005.

Besides, Oklahoma and Alabama share that "brotherhood" thing, so it would only be fitting for Oklahoma to be awarded a MNC in such a fashion.

we were already the best team in the nation in 2004. no one beat us and no one would have. that's all i'll remember.

we were already the best team in the nation in 2004. no one beat us and no one would have. that's all i'll remember.

234044[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

No need for me to put in my 2 cents because its already been done...

If USC is forced to forfeit those games, Oklahoma should be awarded the crystal trophy.  They were in the BCS game and therefore would be the winners if USC forfeits. 

I hope this scenario plays out rather than Auburn getting any benefit from the misdeeds of others.  I am at peace with the decisions of 2004/early 2005. 

Besides, Oklahoma and Alabama share that "brotherhood" thing, so it would only be fitting for Oklahoma to be awarded a MNC in such a fashion.

234023[/snapback]

That being said, screw the BCS. Have there been any reports from the AP folks concerning this?

Tuberville skated the question on Finebaum, though he did say we would have beaten OU and the USC would have been a good game.

If USC is forced to forfeit those games, Oklahoma should be awarded the crystal trophy.  They were in the BCS game and therefore would be the winners if USC forfeits. 

I hope this scenario plays out rather than Auburn getting any benefit from the misdeeds of others.  I am at peace with the decisions of 2004/early 2005. 

234023[/snapback]

That would be fitting. Keith Jackson could retire a happy man. Having the OUs win the MNC instead of his beloved Terds would be the next best thing.

IMO, if enough evidence is there to strip USC of the title, then the title should REMAIN vacant. I certainly don't want us to benefit from someone elses screwup. That we reserve for the "bammers".

Archived