AU under armour commercial

vatz22au

Thx to "Roll tide forever amen" for finding this. No sound since its transformed into an image:

AUClick-Clack-300.gif

it looks like the jersey's still have the Russell logo on them...does anybody else notice that?

it looks like the jersey's still have the Russell logo on them...does anybody else notice that?

240348[/snapback]

The clip is from the sugar bowl two years ago if you notice the patch and more importantly, the number 17.

Thats not the actual commerical...just a preview of what it should look like.

For one, our real players are actually in this clip, which isn't allowed.

Tuberville was also quoted in another thread saying that Jordan-Hare will be the background for the commerical.

I first saw the Tigers walk onto the field in the "arms locked" fashion at Starkville in 2004.

Hopefully, this will be plastered all over ESPN and ABC. Then lesser schools of the SEC will stop "knocking off" this unique AUBURN tradition, (aka UGA, ie 05 SEC Championship Game, 05 Sugar Bowl). Sorry dogs, they so want to be like and have what Auburn has (ie. the Dawg Walk). What knock offs!

The story of locking arms goes hand in hand with the "Hard Fighting Soldiers" thing. Coach Chette Williams showed an old breastplate from a Greek soldier I think. It had hooks on each side of it. Each hook was connected to his brother to his left and right. That way, if one fell, the others might would still be able to push through.

Coach Chette told his players they needed to "Hook up" if they were going to be a team. Hence, the locking of arms. I doubt other teams even know the back-story.

I first saw the Tigers walk onto the field in the "arms locked" fashion at Starkville in 2004.

Hopefully, this will be plastered all over ESPN and ABC. Then lesser schools of the SEC will stop "knocking off" this unique AUBURN tradition, (aka UGA, ie 05 SEC Championship Game, 05 Sugar Bowl). Sorry dogs, they so want to be like and have what Auburn has (ie. the Dawg Walk). What knock offs!

240481[/snapback]

This isnt uniquely Auburn. Its uniquely football. We did it a couple of games in high school, and where I went to high school no one ever heard of Auburn.

240481[/snapback]

This isnt uniquely Auburn. Its uniquely football. We did it a couple of games in high school, and where I went to high school no one ever heard of Auburn.

240497[/snapback]

And where exactly did you go to highschool that young aspiring football players have never heard of Auburn? Siberia?

240481[/snapback]

240497[/snapback]

And where exactly did you go to highschool that young aspiring football players have never heard of Auburn? Siberia?

240519[/snapback]

Very very close. I lived in Maine for 6 years, and went to high school up there. I went to 2 years of college at UMaine (the D1AA school that beat MSU) and when I told everyone I was transferring here, everyone was like "Auburn, wheres that?"

Rumor on the Rival's boards has it July 12th during the ESPY Awards....although on that same board the rumor was it would be played during the Draft and that didn't happen...so who knows.

Take it for what its worth.

Archived