Tuberville talks in Huntsville

quietfan

Not to steal anyone's thunder, since some of you were probably there, but here's one report on CTT's talk to HTV Aubrun Club:

(I've only posted the key points, so follow the link for the whole column.)

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/j...3070.xml&coll=1

When an alumnus at Tuesday night's Huntsville-Madison County Auburn Club meeting commended Tuberville on his commitment to enforcing discipline in the football program, the Auburn head coach used the opportunity to make a point.

Every school is going to have occasional disciplinary problems, he noted. Nobody is immune.

The most important thing, he added, is how those problems are handled.

"We had one who made a mistake a couple of weeks ago,'' Tuberville said. "Our players were tougher on him than any newspaper, I can tell you that. It had been quite a while since we'd had anybody get their name in the paper like that. They were embarrassed.''

Glad to hear that. Nothing succeeds like peer pressure. As usual for CTT-coached teams, sounds like we have a fine group of young men.
Asked why Auburn agreed to play Alabama on Thanksgiving week rather than third weekend in November, Richardson pointed out the decision was made not by Auburn but by a vote of the Southeastern Conference athletic directors.

"It wasn't what we wanted,'' he said, "but we were outvoted 11-1.''

Tuberville said he expects at least two true freshmen to play on the varsity this fall - wide receiver Tim Hawthorne from Homewood and defensive lineman Bart Eddins from Trinity Presbyterian of Montgomery.

"With most freshmen,'' he said, "it's whether they're ready mentally, not physically.

Auburn's two new defensive coaches, coordinator Will Muschamp and linebacker coach James Willis, didn't take long to fit in. "They're two of the reasons this coaching staff has the best chemistry of any I've ever been around,'' Tuberville said.

"James Willis, who's from Huntsville and played at Auburn, brought tremendous excitement to our players, and all of them were just clinging to Will after about two days.''

I'm so-o-o excited to see our new CWM defense in action!!
But Tuberville said Auburn's loss to Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl might have actually been a blessing in disguise.

"Our players are fired up,'' he said. "That little blip on Jan. 1 might've done us some good.

"Our players and coaches are showing a lot of fire and enthusiasm.''

I was hoping that loss would carry over and have this effect on 2006.
"But we have good players. Our quarterback (junior Brandon Cox) is back, and I think he'll be the best in the conference. And (senior) Kenny Irons may be the best running back in the country.''

I know some of you planned to attend this meeting. How about reports from you all?

That is some bull about the AD's voting on the Iron Bowl date, what does it matter to the rest of the SEC when the game is played.

I ti s not that they were voting speciifcally on the Iron Bowl date. They were voting on when everyone wanted to play their last game due to the expanded schedule.

I have heard rumblings though that other teams that wear dark pink were whining about not having a week off before they played us.

It was a great meeting. The link and quotes were the highlights on football. It was also interesting to hear Dr. Richardson speak on other things going well with the university. And the HSV Auburn club gave out 4 scholarships to derserving students.....all in all, it was a great event.

guys and girls....we are very fortunate to have coach Tuberville in Auburn.. Every time I read an article like this, it just makes me more and more proud to be an Auburn Tiger..

That is some bull about the AD's voting on the Iron Bowl date, what does it matter to the rest of the SEC when the game is played.

240422[/snapback]

The voting was to basically to scrap off weeks before the SECCG. Apparently they didn't like us having that week off before hand.

It is great to hear of the team giving him crap more than anybody else. I think that will get his attention a little bit faster!! It great to know they take pride in being disciplined and staying out of trouble. I've got a good feeling about this year boys and girls!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do the other AD's want everyone to play Thanksgiving weekend? Just cause their holiday is screwed up doesn't mean they have to ruin it for everyone else. The only people that will benefit from this is CBS/ESPN, the Iron Bowl, FSU-UF,UGA-Tech, and USC/Clemson will be played on the same weekend.

guys and girls....we are very fortunate to have coach Tuberville in Auburn.. Every time I read an article like this, it just makes me more and more proud to be an Auburn Tiger..

240564[/snapback]

Most of us agree that we are fortunate to have Tubs as our coach. We don't all agree on Dr. Richardson. But hear what Tubs said:

In his opening remarks at the Huntsville meeting, Tubs thanked Dr. R for his help and support. He said Dr. R inherited a mess when he came, noting that Auburn was a mess academically, athletically, and politically. Tubs said we would all recognize one day that Dr. R "saved" Auburn as an institution.

240564[/snapback]

Most of us agree that we are fortunate to have Tubs as our coach. We don't all agree on Dr. Richardson. But hear what Tubs said:

In his opening remarks at the Huntsville meeting, Tubs thanked Dr. R for his help and support. He said Dr. R inherited a mess when he came, noting that Auburn was a mess academically, athletically, and politically. Tubs said we would all recognize on day that Dr. R "saved" Auburn as an institution.

240797[/snapback]

Wow..those are some strong comments...

Archived