commercial i saw last night

damabama

during the b ball game. i dont remember what they were advertising, but they showed the famous MJ playoff shot, but he missed the shot. reaction and all were completely different. then the dwight clark catch against dallas, but he dropped the ball. the editing was seamless. could have been 1 or 2 more, i dont remember. pretty slick ad, what ever they were selling. anyone else see that?

not so new commercial after all. still a good one tho

Gatorade has done it again. Or at least that what they tell me. The office is buzzing about this new spot that is called "Winning Formula." I somehow haven't seen it yet, even though it ran twice during Game 1 and Game 2 of the World Series. Here's how it goes. Michael Jordan heaves up that famous last second shots against the Cleveland Cavs from the 1989 playoffs, but instead of making it, clanks it. Remember that amazing flip by Derek Jeter in Game Four of the 2001 AL Division Series against the Oakland A's? Well, this time the A's Jeremy Giambi is called safe instead of out. Then comes Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark in the 1982 playoffs, except in the commercial Dwight doesn't catch the paul and the 49ers don't get a touchdown. According to the Chicago Tribune, Gatorade's advertising firm, Element 79, considered messing with many other endings including Flutie to Phelan, Christian Laettner's buzzer-beater and Brandi Chastain's kick that won the 1999 Women's World Cup.

October 25, 2005

Yeah, it has been playing for awhile. I think it was one of the Super Bowl commercials. When it first played, I had to see it again just to make sure I saw what I saw. You would have thought they were just changing the film with computer technology, but they actually re-enacted some of the shots with look alikes, like the MJ shot. They dressed the crowds in period clothing and also gave the films the necessary "aged" look like the Dwight Clark shot.

Yeah, its a gatorade commercial...and its been playing for several months now. Quite cool commercial...

Archived