How Close is 06 Auburn to 04 Auburn?

SupperClub

Link

11. How close is the 2006 Auburn team to the 2004 squad that finished unbeaten?

Auburn sort of snuck up on folks two years ago, climbing from No. 17 in the pre-season AP poll to No. 2 following the Sugar Bowl. They won’t have that luxury this fall. The Tigers are among the elite in the country, and everyone knows it. Whether they can run the table for the second time in three years depends on the defense’s ability to fill holes on the front seven. The offense will be just fine in the capable hands of second-year starting quarterback Brandon Cox and All-SEC running back Kenny Irons. Since the perfect season, nine Tigers have been drafted, yet they’re right back in the mix for league and national supremacy, a testament to how hot the program is right now.

IMO, it will depend on team chemistry. We have the talent, but how well we gel together and work as a unit will make all the difference this year. The 2004 team had a rare bond.

A REALLY good sign would be if they come out of the tunnel "hooked up" for the FIRST game ! ! ! :au::cheer:

When Tuberville spoke to the Jefferson County Auburn Club a few weeks ago he said you can win 8 or 9 games with talent, but it takes good team chemistry to go all the way. It was the good team chemistry that allowed the 2004 undefeated season.

A REALLY good sign would be if they come out of the tunnel "hooked up" for the FIRST game ! ! ! :au::cheer:

I'm pretty sure they will, that doesn't really carry the significance of when they did it in 2004(they were the first, now it is just kind of something we do).

Although we have pretty good depth, injuries could change things in a hurry, too.

Schedule-wise, Florida takes the place of Tennessee. Here's hoping they repeat everything Tennessee did: i.e., losing to us twice!! :thumbsup:

Although we have pretty good depth, injuries could change things in a hurry, too.

-------------

Right, and the QB postion is the most critical w/o one or two solid backups.

:au:

-------------

Right, and the QB postion is the most critical w/o one or two solid backups.

:au:

I am not that afraid of Field having the ball. He walked into the WKU game COLD and played like he was Cox. Field can hit the depp guy and would be fine agaiinst good teams. He would only be a liability,0 FOR A WHILE, against :lsu: , :uf: , :uga: , and maybe :ua: . I think we could lose Cox now and still do rather well this season.

Archived