Any word on KI's injur(ies)??

JB33

Saw earlier this week that KI was / is nursing a tender groin, shoulder? Any update? He definitely did not look as explosive vs. State as he did against Wazzu. I don't think I have to say that we need him at 100% . . .

He's been looking pretty good in practice the last couple of days, but then again....

I look for Brad Lester to have some big plays in this game. He has that fire burnin too.

From what I have heard on southern sports tonight and sports call Kenny has been going full speed and taking all his snaps in practice. So I think Kenny will be primed and ready to run all over LSU. War Eagle!

According to the articles in this past Sunday's fishwraps, Kenny said he was okay, just had to do alot of stretching on the sidelines during the game. I would bet that if he was okay to have played last week with them, he will be okay for this Saturday after having another week to work out the tightness in them.

I read today in the AJC that Tubberville said that Kenny was practicing full speed and he didn't know where the story came from about Kenny being injured.

Me thinks this to be a "non-story"

I read today in the AJC that Tubberville said that Kenny was practicing full speed and he didn't know where the story came from about Kenny being injured.

Didn't it come from Kenny's mouth? It may be a non-issue now, but I beleive the injury story came after Kenny himself said he was running at 70-80% because of a groin injury.

Didn't it come from Kenny's mouth? It may be a non-issue now, but I beleive the injury story came after Kenny himself said he was running at 70-80% because of a groin injury.

Yeah Kenny is the one who brought it up since most noticed he wasn't as explosive as he has been. He said it was more a stretching issue he need to stretch between series. I don’t think it will be an issue come Saturday however.

Yeah Kenny is the one who brought it up since most noticed he wasn't as explosive as he has been. He said it was more a stretching issue he need to stretch between series. I don’t think it will be an issue come Saturday however.

So the groin is ok and won't be an issue come saturday? I wonder what his excuse will be this time? :P:poke::big:

So the groin is ok and won't be an issue come saturday? I wonder what his excuse will be this time? :poke:

His excuse for not gaining 200+ again will be b/c Lester("Mr. Touchdown") stole his carries and ate up the LSU D too. Either way, Auburn gets their ground game churning. :thumbsup:

So the groin is ok and won't be an issue come saturday? I wonder what his excuse will be this time? :poke:

His excuse for not gaining 200+ again will be b/c Lester("Mr. Touchdown") stole his carries and ate up the LSU D too. Either way, Auburn gets their ground game churning. :thumbsup:

Maybe??? But I just don't see that happening....IMO if AU beats LSU its going to have a lot to do with Cox's play. I don't think you will be able to ride the running game like last year.

Yeah, I can see lsu selling out to stop the run and putting the weight on their corners.

I also think Borges can see this coming. I think it's more up to our young receivers and Courtney Taylor to step up. If they are where they're supposed to be, I can see Cox having a big day.

I kinda think LSU's defense is going to somewhat determine how Al Borges calls things Saturday. I think LSU can stop any one phase of our offense by focusing all their effort on it: i.e., They can stack the line to smother the run, and Borges & Cox will pick 'em apart in the depleted backfield. Or, they can keep more guys back to defend the pass and Borges will hit them with double barrels of Kenny & Brad all night. The question is, can LSU stop both simultaneously? I don't think so.

As for us handling their offense...I think we can handle the run, but it's going to take a lot of pressure from our DE's [Groves and Guin-should we call them "the G-unit"?] to make sure Russell doesn't have time to pick on our younger guys in the secondary. Would love to see us open the games with several sacks, a la WSU.

I kinda think LSU's defense is going to somewhat determine how Al Borges calls things Saturday. I think LSU can stop any one phase of our offense by focusing all their effort on it: i.e., They can stack the line to smother the run, and Borges & Cox will pick 'em apart in the depleted backfield. Or, they can keep more guys back to defend the pass and Borges will hit them with double barrels of Kenny & Brad all night. The question is, can LSU stop both simultaneously? I don't think so.

As for us handling their offense...I think we can handle the run, but it's going to take a lot of pressure from our DE's [Groves and Guin-should we call them "the G-unit"?] to make sure Russell doesn't have time to pick on our younger guys in the secondary. Would love to see us open the games with several sacks, a la WSU.

Just curious as to why you think LSU will have to stack the line to stop your running game, but feel that AU can "handle" LSU's run and just needs to focus on defending the pass??? That really makes no sense to me!

I really don't think either team will have to stack the line, but if either team would need help I think the AU D would need help when LSU runs up the middle.

I believe its safe to say the competition of each team has been pretty close, with "maybe" a slight edge to AU because I think Miss. St. would probably beat ULL 3-0

Just curious as to why you think LSU will have to stack the line to stop your running game, but feel that AU can "handle" LSU's run and just needs to focus on defending the pass??? That really makes no sense to me!

Well, of course our opinions will differ, and both teams are pretty balanced offensively, but to answer your question:

I just feel like Auburn's running backs and O-line are a little better than yours, so your defense would have the harder time stopping the run. But naturally, I won't be surprize if you feel exactly the opposite.

Well, of course our opinions will differ, and both teams are pretty balanced offensively, but to answer your question:

I just feel like Auburn's running backs and O-line are a little better than yours, so your defense would have the harder time stopping the run. But naturally, I won't be surprize if you feel exactly the opposite.

yeah i know we are not going to agree.....just think you may be underestimating our running game a little.

Statistically we are almost dead even in rushing.

LSU 74 carries 428yds 5TDs

AU 80 carries 441yds 5 TDs

And on Rushing D...LSU has about a 26ypg advantage! 74ypg to AU's 101ypg.

Archived