Lou Holtz

WarEagleFL

Back to watching The Office. At least it's meant to be funny. Lou is just a big walking joke.

I hope nobody blinked. ESPN: "Now to the SEC...Yeah they are still playing down there. Back to the USC vs UN BIG HUGE MEGA GAME OF OUR LIFETIME. I can't believe Anyone would play USC. They are soooo good."

Ok. Lou Holtz picked Auburn to win.. Mark May chose LSU. You never want either one to pick you as the winner.. but whos force is stronger? Is Mark May's choice stronger than Lou Holtz? May might give off 300Hz of negative energy to the team he chose, and Holtz might only give off 280Hz. Who knows

:au:

You mean you guys didn't get the memo? All the universities have changed their name.

The University of Vanderbilt

The University of Georgia Tech

The University of Yale

The University of MIT

The University of Duke

The University of Alabama University

The University of Notre Dame

Mark picked us to win it all in 2003.

Lou calls us "University of Auburn," abd refered to UGA's QB last year as "DJ Stockly."

They are both idiots. One of them will be right by the end of the week and then be completly wrong the next.

May picked AU to go undefeated in the ESPN pre-season "how the season will play out" exercise to predict how the BCS might shape up and now he changes his mind...impressed by their only letting up 6 points this season. As if us giving up 14 is shabby by comparison! We played a Pac-10 team that has an offense...WSU rang up 56 points on Idaho the following week (Idaho gave Mich St fits in week 1). I get CSTV as part of Dish Network and I am enjoying seeing Trev Alberts again, he always seemed to me to be the most knowledgable of the bunch. Anyway Trev picked AU.

Lou Holtz is the most irritating man in football talk shows, followed closely by Lee Corso...... I automatically change channels whenever i see both of them on TV....

Lou Holtz is the most irritating man in football talk shows, followed closely by Lee Corso...... I automatically change channels whenever i see both of them on TV....

I couldn't have said it any better!

May picked AU to go undefeated in the ESPN pre-season "how the season will play out" exercise to predict how the BCS might shape up and now he changes his mind...impressed by their only letting up 6 points this season. As if us giving up 14 is shabby by comparison! We played a Pac-10 team that has an offense...WSU rang up 56 points on Idaho the following week (Idaho gave Mich St fits in week 1). I get CSTV as part of Dish Network and I am enjoying seeing Trev Alberts again, he always seemed to me to be the most knowledgable of the bunch. Anyway Trev picked AU.

Actually, May picked Auburn to go undefeated until the Alabama game and then lose because Bama has the "best offensive line in the SEC." Rece Davis, a Bama grad, broke the tie and picked Auburn to win. That's why we were undefeated going into their mythical playoff.

I don't particually like Holtz but Mark May is always wrong in a pick that is the lest bit difficult.Mark is a terrible at picks.

"ESPN has gotten so much power lately, it's kinda scary," Tuberville said. "And most of their analysts are coaches who haven't won any games. That's why they're there. I think you know who I'm talking about.

"And Lou Holtz gets on there and talks about what a team has to do win that game, and the guy couldn't beat anybody in our conference. These guys will come talk to you and look you straight in the eye and tell you something, then they'll get on the air and say something else.

"ESPN, I'll tell you, I don't have much to do with them anymore."

anyone remember that quote last year?

i can handle the espn talking heads. i don't really care who they pick and if they hit or miss. i would like some non overly biased coverage of teams in action....not just hype whatever team/conf is affiliated with espn/abc the current week.

University of USC

University of Auburn

And this guy is on TV? Brilliant.

Well if all of you remember, Pay Dye called us "the University of Auburn" at his first press conference after being hired at AU in the 80s.

I once saw ole Lou, he was a speaker at our company convention, of course it was 2001, but he was an awesome speaker, funny and intelligent from start to finish, but I agree, as a commentator, he is :puke: I don't know if he's been hitting the bottle before the show, or he's showing the early signs of alzheimer’s.

This next one's on me Lou - here's to a huge University of Auburn victory! :cheer::cheer:

Let's have Lou, Lee, and Tator Tot do running commentary on games and see how it goes. Can you imagine? IDIOTS! Lou Holtz barely looks alive, and certainly doesn't sound like it.

I love watching Ole Louie, when they ask him to predict a ND game.........If anybody hasn't seen it, It's truly amazing that someone with SOOOO much knowledge of College Football can spew out that much Crap and, you can tell by looking at him, has NO IDEA of what he just said.........BRING BACK TREV! He was one of only a Very small handful that would tell the Truth. And, that's why he's not on the show and probably will never be back on, because he told it like it was regardless of what the espn Idiots wanted him to say. If espn writes the University of UAT on the teleprompter, Lou will say it.........while he's adjusting himself onto a stack of Books in his chair..........I'd love this lineup for maybe a bammer game down the line......Eli Gold, Lou Holtz, Lee Corso, and Tater Salad Tot............The stadium would be emptied because of all the :puke: coming out of them. War "BY GOD" Eagle

Okay, that hacks me off as much as anybody else, but I've heard several old timers...including Auburn grads....tell me EVERYBODY back in the 50s referred to us as the University of Auburn. Apparently even when we were technically still East Alabama Polytech people called us the Univ. of Auburn. That excuses Dye, an ole southern boy busting heads for jawja against us back then.

And actually the Univ. of Notre Dame (our lady) is correct.

If espn writes the University of UAT on the teleprompter, Lou will say it

you think they're just messing with him? pulling an anchorman? that would be hilarious if that were the case!

Archived