Something worth repeating

GalensGhost

This factoid is buried somewhere in another thread, but I think it bears repeating.

When you look at the Auburn history books and look up total pass receptions and total receiving yards you'll find Courtney Taylor, Devin Aromashodu, Ben Obomanu and Anthony Mix all in the top 20 of each category.

For those of you mathematically inclined, that means that for the last two seasons, Auburn has had 1/5th of its greatest receivers of all time on the field at the same time.

That's pretty amazing when you think about it. And even more amazing that Auburn is still able to move the ball through the air after the departure of Anthony, Ben and Devin. It's even more amazing to me that Auburn is able to run the ball at all. You don't think every DC in the league sees that 3/4 of 1/5 of Auburn's all-time greatest receivers are no longer in the rotation? And don't ask me to calculate 3/4 of 1/5, I forgot how to do that years ago. 4/15? Is that the answer?

i saw some signs last night that the younguns might have found the clue bag......i am wondering why montez billings is not playing much.....he kinda' impressed me with his play against buffalo.....looked like he has what it takes....we need to recruit some all-world type recievers pretty soon, with courtney leaving after this season

I said befroe the LSU game that wide reciever depth and youth was a concern. We have some good guys, they need to develop and it will take a little time.

I remember people barking early in ben and devins career about, "when are they gonna do something?". They really didn't start showing out at all until their junior years.

That's good and all, but we need them NOW.

Hey, we have them now. Expecting them to play like seniors as freshmen and sophmores will only lead to frustration.

These guys may develop a little quicker due to loads of playing time.

I believe they'll come around before years end. I want to see Tristian Davis play on offense.

Dropping Tristian in a WR a few times a game might be intriguing. He's one of those guys that just seems to make things happen. A short crossing route with him getting the ball on the run.....

This factoid is buried somewhere in another thread, but I think it bears repeating.

When you look at the Auburn history books and look up total pass receptions and total receiving yards you'll find Courtney Taylor, Devin Aromashodu, Ben Obomanu and Anthony Mix all in the top 20 of each category.

For those of you mathematically inclined, that means that for the last two seasons, Auburn has had 1/5th of its greatest receivers of all time on the field at the same time.

That's pretty amazing when you think about it. And even more amazing that Auburn is still able to move the ball through the air after the departure of Anthony, Ben and Devin. It's even more amazing to me that Auburn is able to run the ball at all. You don't think every DC in the league sees that 3/4 of 1/5 of Auburn's all-time greatest receivers are no longer in the rotation? And don't ask me to calculate 3/4 of 1/5, I forgot how to do that years ago. 4/15? Is that the answer?

Multiply the numerators: 3 X 1 = 3; then multiply the denominators: 4 X 5 = 20 ANS.: 3/20

If you ever have to divide a fraction by another, just invert the divisor (the fraction that follows "divided by") and multiply, as above.

Did davis even play at safety last night? I'm wondering if he's in the dog house.

Yeah, he returned a kickoff for some good yardage, even after dropping it. He was also in on a couple of pass plays.

Archived