Tristan Davis

AUTrey

Does anyone know what the deal with Tristan Davis is? Why is he not playing more? It seemed to me that he was on the field a good bit in the WSU game and maybe the MSU game, but since then, I have seen alot more Zach Gilbert and Aaron (sp?) Savage. I was impressed with TD in the WSU game, and since then I have been somewhat, uh, less impressed by the others, particularly ZG. Have I just not been paying attention, or does Tristan have a weakness somewhere that I just never noticed.

Also, a question for you former secondary players out there: It seems to me that our safeties have looked very vulnerable lately. Everyone understands the impact a good or bad D-Line can have on linebacker play, with the big boys ability to keep offensive linemen from being able to release and block the backers, and allowing the LB to move in and make the play. Is the secondary similar? I mean, how much of an effect has Wilhite's absence at corner had on the safeties? Is a weakness at corner akin to having a defensive end that will let the tackle release and lock onto the linebackers as far as the safeties are concerned?

Trey

Archived