At Least Once A Year

aubrandon

There is at least one game every year that this coaching staff does not have our players ready to play. We were fortunate in 04 to have just great players to overcome the UAT game and the Horrible coached SEC Championship game. You can give me Arky had two weeks to get ready for us and South Carolina had two cupcakes to get ready for us, but I will not listen. We were not ready to play. Auburn overlooked Arkansas after they have struggled this year. After seven seasons at Auburn you would think that this staff would have learned by now you can not overlook anyone in division 1 football. The fact is that so far Muschamp has not produced. Al Borgeous is still on his summer break with his play calling. Brandon Cox still thinks that Marcus Mcneill is blocking for him. You know it was a bad day when Mr. Steady Kody Bliss shanks not one but two punts. Courtney Taylor is running wide open on a fly route, the ball was thrown perfectly, and he pulls up and stops. Arky put 8 guys in the box and once again we think we have to run the ball. We put ourselves in third and long over and over because of this crap. They have a freshman QB and insted of putting 8 or 9 guys at the line to stop the run and make him beat us we run the base 4-3 defense and get our asses wipped. We coached terrible. We played terrible. The officating was terrible. Hell I'm sure even the ball boys played horrible. We were out coahed and outplayed. But what made me madder than anything was AUBURN QUIT!!!!!!!

I have wrote several topics about things not going right and things were missing from this football team. We just kept hiding them because we were getting W's. I never thought we would quit.

I am sitting here this morning getting ready to go to church and I have to admit that I am throughly embarassed. I don't mind losing a game, but to get wipped on the field and then the team and coaches quit is not tolorable. Maybe now we can quit focousing on a BCS title and focus on Auburn Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're RIGHT! That has been one of my major criticisms of CTT since he arrived. This tendency will continue to make us the brunt of jokes nationwide and eliminate us from the MNC race each year unless he finds some way to deal with it and correct it. If one didn't know better, one would think his close call with the "jetgate thing" motivated him to be a better coach, so one has to wonder if something could be done to prepare his teams for EACH GAME so we don't get BLOWN OUT once or twice a year. JMH <_< O

We will lose games in a season. I can stomach losing to UGA, UT, UF or LSU. The rest of the SEC is not at the same level as the above mentioned programs. Every year, except 2004, Tubby has dropped at least one game to an inferior opponent. I am beginning to think that 2004 was an aberration, heck we had 4 NFL first round picks. All 4 were here for 4 years and we only had 1 good/great year?

If Tubby had been the jockey on Secretariat, the horse would have tripped 1/2 way thru the first race of the Triple Crown.

:au:

I don't mind losing a game, but to get wipped on the field and then the team and coaches quit is not tolorable. Maybe now we can quit focousing on a BCS title and focus on Auburn Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it in a nutshell. Sure, no one LIKES to lose. We're not in it for moral victories either. But to be so unmistakably beaten and outcoached in our own house, and not having a prayer of fighting back and doing something about it...it really is the worst feeling.

CTT said tonight that the seniors called a team meeting last Sunday. The seniors wanted to meet with the entire team. I don't know what they talked about.

But, I will tell you that I would not want to play us this week after what has happened to us at USC and losing to Arky.

Somebody brought up the Mr. T quote from Rocky III....."My prediction? I predict...PAIN!"

I wish I can be as optimistic as you are. There is nothing they've shown to me that they can beat Florida. Nothing at all. The only reason I still have hope is because of the symbol on their jersey and the name Auburn. That is it.

Against LSU we were at full health and it came to a defensive battle. Florida scored 23 points off of them last week, turnoevers or not it doesn't matter, turnovers are not added onto the scoreboard and Florida was able to turn them into points against that stout defense. Since LSU game we have done nothing but suffer injuries to our starters. Cox not 100%. Bennett out. Cope out. Lester with a groin injury. Irons with turf toe. :no:

It will take a a miracle.

One thing I don't like is excuses. There are excuses for failure: lack of preparation and desire. Simply put, Auburn did not want it as bad as Arky, and now that is the past.

So, what about FL? How did the team prepare for Florida this week, and do they want it bad enough to do whatever it takes to leave a bad taste in Florida's mouth for Jordan-Hare? I mean a bitter taste of reality.

We'll see Saturday, just what this team is made of.

It's past time to lay it on the line.

We coached terrible. We played terrible. The officating was terrible. Hell I'm sure even the ball boys played horrible.

Those ball boys did the best they could. I saw nothing but hustle from them, things just didn't go their way.

Archived