YouTube of the call

CarolinaTiger

I don't care if the officials called it incomplete, fumble or whatever. Florida was not going to score a TD, from what I saw progress throughout the second half. After TB drilled Leak a few times out there last night, Leak became more and more gun shy!!

War Eagle!!

Whatever, it isn't going to change the outcome of the game no matter how much people complain about it. Just ask Oklahoma. But he definitely pulled back and the ball dropped out of his hand, there was no follow through of flick of the wrist. They are just mad, we creamed them in the second half! Thank goodness Blackmon was playing.

I don't care if the officials called it incomplete, fumble or whatever. Florida was not going to score a TD, from what I saw progress throughout the second half. After TB drilled Leak a few times out there last night, Leak became more and more gun shy!!

War Eagle!!

The Florida fans need to quit griping about the call. If it had been ruled an incomplete pass that would have brought up 4th down so they would have attempted a FG to take a 2 point lead. Assuming they make it they would have still lost 21-20 or 27-20.

If it had been grounding it would have been 10 yards and loss of down so they would have still attempted a FG.

I watched the game with a friend who is a UF fan and he said I just saw the first FG their kicker had made all year when he hit the one that tied the game 3-3. I am guessing they are pretty poor at kicking.

There was only one angle that proved it was a fumble, and that was the one from the front. The mechanics of throwing a football are such that after releasing the ball, the thumb goes DOWN. That would automatically create a straight elbow. Try it. The angle from the front clearly shows that the the thumb was up and the elbow bent a little. That is the result of trying to pull the ball back in. The refs know these things and know what to look for. The shots from youtube were dismissed and only the shot from the front was used. At that point, due to mechanics, its very clear no pass was attempted.

Yeah, most people are just whining about the call. Again I will say....

This play did not make or break the game. It simply kept our ovewhelming momentum going.... They lost the game when we blocked the punt in the 3rd quarter. We were in control from that point on and the 12th man rose up and whipped their tails.

The rest is just a lot of crying. Trying to steal thunder from Auburn's fantastic victory.

What do you expect from a bunch of Florida fans. I hate 'em.

Let's go ahead and add to the "if" game....

IF David Irons catches the interception before looking at the endzone he would have WALKED into we still would have won.

Get over it UF. You played a very good half but got exposed in the 2nd.

In my opinion, and I'm obviously biased here, but if he were going to spike the ball, wouldn't he do it with a little more intensity? It looks to me like that was not going to be a pass. When a ball is spiked, it's not just dropped out of the QB's hand. If it was going to be a pass, it may have been the weakest pass ever thrown in the history of football. How can you tell he was definitely going to pass the ball? If you watch closely, it appears Leak's arm actually slows down at the end as if he were trying to stop his motion and the ball comes loose. It would seem if Leak was going to spike it, it would go either straight down or toward the line of scrimmage. The ball ends up going backwards, which if Trey didn't touch the ball, would lead me to believe he was trying to stop his arm and pull the ball back and lost his grip on the ball. From the first angle, it looks like Trey got the ball though. You can't really tell from the last two shots.

Now if Leak was going to pass the ball, but attempted to stop his motion and lost control of the ball, is that still a pass attempt? I'm pretty sure that's a fumble.

Either way, like has been said before, that didn't lose the game for them. It didn't help, but it didn't lose the game. With a grounding penalty, that would have been their FG kickers 2nd attempt all year from around 40 yds or so. Who's to say he makes that.

Let's go ahead and add to the "if" game....

IF David Irons catches the interception before looking at the endzone he would have WALKED into we still would have won.

Get over it UF. You played a very good half but got exposed in the 2nd.

if Auburn had scored touchdowns each time in the red zone Florida never would have been ahead

When Tray Blackmon makes a play, the play stands!

Exactly. I mean, who's gonna tell Tray Blackmon otherwise? Greg Smith is the only name that comes to mind.

It is also important to remember that we stalled on that drive and missed a 45 yard (into a breeze) FG. :( No points do not necessarily equate to no harm because BIG MO was on the line. :cheer: However, IMO, once the call has been made, the ruling is over. Does very little good to debate it after the fact.

Archived