Holy Cow! Ben Tate!

quietfan

Maybe most of you have already heard the game stats, but I just read that Ben Tate got 156 yds. rushing today:

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/auburn/index...torylist=auburn

Yes, it was against Tulane...but one year ago he was playing high school ball. Looks like the R.B.U. heritage is safe for a few more years.

I was at the game and saw him run firsthand. He earned every one of those yards today because he took some big hits. Tulane had a LB (Evan Lee) get hurt in the beginning of the season who returned to action against AU. Stats displayed on the ribbon board had Lee in on 9 tackles today. Tate looks good -- he's got the size to take on tacklers and the speed to get outside. :thumbsup::au: WDE

I was at the game and saw him run firsthand. He earned every one of those yards today because he took some big hits. Tulane had a LB (Evan Lee) get hurt in the beginning of the season who returned to action against AU. Stats displayed on the ribbon board had Lee in on 9 tackles today. Tate looks good -- he's got the size to take on tacklers and the speed to get outside. :thumbsup::au: WDE

I cant wait until he is the starter in the future should be so fun to watch!

Ben Tate may have Brandon Jacobs disease - amazing RB but behind all-world RB's. I wonder if he'll ever be *the* back at AU.

Ben Tate may have Brandon Jacobs disease - amazing RB but behind all-world RB's. I wonder if he'll ever be *the* back at AU.

Why would you think that? We lose Kenny Irons and Tre Smith next year, so he'll likely either back up Brad Lester or play the Ronnie Brown role so we can have them both out there at the same time next season. While Enrique Davis and possibly Caleb King have nice H.S. stats, they haven't played a down in college yet. Tate's showing his stuff on a tougher playing field right now. I have full confidence that he can and will get plenty of P.T.

I don't think Tate has to worry about playing time or having the Jacobs Disease. His skills demonstrate that he can play at the college level. And after Kenny is gone next year, we will see a Lester/Tate combo just like we are seeing a Irons/Lester combo now.

Amen...I was there...Ben's a beast.

:au::homer:

I wouldn't count on Lester being an every down back. He has more pulls and strains than me and I'm an old man. He is great when is well, which is about 2-3 games a year. Tate will probably be the workhorse next year.

I wouldn't count on Lester being an every down back. He has more pulls and strains than me and I'm an old man. He is great when is well, which is about 2-3 games a year. Tate will probably be the workhorse next year.

He seems to have much in common with taffy. Would like to rest him from now until we play UAT.

Archived