Kenny Irons tired?

PowerI

My bestfriend who is a huge Auburn fan called me last night after the 10:00 news and said that he saw Kenny Irons being interviewed. He said that Kenny was complaining about being tired that he couldn't finish games because of not having an off date on the schedule. Can anybody clarify this?

My bestfriend who is a huge Auburn fan called me last night after the 10:00 news and said that he saw Kenny Irons being interviewed. He said that Kenny was complaining about being tired that he couldn't finish games because of not having an off date on the schedule. Can anybody clarify this?

So what if he is? He's taken a beating this year because of his running style and no off week. When you're injured you compensate in other ways and that adds to the fatigue. Just goes to show the wisdom of pursuing a lot of good RBs so you can have a rotation of at least two like we started with Carnell and Ronnie.

Looking at the box scores he didn't play against Buffalo or Tulane?

I totally agree with you CH but I don't believe KI said it to begin with. I just read an article from ITAT where he said he felt about 95% healthy and that this isthe best he has felt since the WSU game.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

By EVAN WOODBERY

Sports Reporter

AUBURN -- Kenny Irons is sick of being the butt of friendly jokes from teammates. He's tired of his head coach reminiscing about the "old Kenny." He's had enough of watching the game from the sidelines.

Auburn's senior running back wants to put an end to it all this week.

"I know I'll play," he said. "I'm ready to play against Ole Miss."

Irons' final season of college football has been a frustrating slog through a variety of ailments and injuries. When he's been healthy, he's looked like the Kenny Irons that dazzled the SEC during the second half of last season. But he's also missed two full games to injuries and has played hurt in others.

"We're trying to get him to the point where, in these last three conference games, he can be the old Kenny," said Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville. "He hasn't been that way all year long."

Irons probably could have played last week against Tulane, but coaches decided to err on the side of caution. Auburn returns to the conference schedule Saturday at Ole Miss and closes the season with rivalry games against Georgia and Alabama, so the Tigers need Irons to be healthy.

"It's very important (to get back)," Irons said. "We have three SEC games. I just want to get back out there and check that leaderboard. I need to get back to the top."

Irons' statistics offer nothing to apologize for.

With 581 yards on 121 carries over six games, he is still second in the SEC and 21st nationally in yards per game. And those numbers haven't been padded by games against Buffalo and Tulane, the weakest non-conference opponents on Auburn's schedule.

Since the Washington State game, Irons has been bothered by bruises to both ankles, a toe injury and the general wear and tear that comes with being a running back in the SEC.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

By EVAN WOODBERY

Sports Reporter

AUBURN -- Kenny Irons is sick of being the butt of friendly jokes from teammates. He's tired of his head coach reminiscing about the "old Kenny." He's had enough of watching the game from the sidelines.

Auburn's senior running back wants to put an end to it all this week.

"I know I'll play," he said. "I'm ready to play against Ole Miss."

Irons' final season of college football has been a frustrating slog through a variety of ailments and injuries. When he's been healthy, he's looked like the Kenny Irons that dazzled the SEC during the second half of last season. But he's also missed two full games to injuries and has played hurt in others.

"We're trying to get him to the point where, in these last three conference games, he can be the old Kenny," said Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville. "He hasn't been that way all year long."

Irons probably could have played last week against Tulane, but coaches decided to err on the side of caution. Auburn returns to the conference schedule Saturday at Ole Miss and closes the season with rivalry games against Georgia and Alabama, so the Tigers need Irons to be healthy.

"It's very important (to get back)," Irons said. "We have three SEC games. I just want to get back out there and check that leaderboard. I need to get back to the top."

Irons' statistics offer nothing to apologize for.

With 581 yards on 121 carries over six games, he is still second in the SEC and 21st nationally in yards per game. And those numbers haven't been padded by games against Buffalo and Tulane, the weakest non-conference opponents on Auburn's schedule.

Since the Washington State game, Irons has been bothered by bruises to both ankles, a toe injury and the general wear and tear that comes with being a running back in the SEC.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking here, or maybe I'm remembering KI's "I'm the franchise" comments before the uat game last year... but isn't this a team sport? If the line doesn't block, he gets hit. Before I get lambasted about this... wouldn't you have expected something different from an AU back... like "I just want to get back out there and help the team."?

My son is a senior in high school and missed 3 games at the start because of 4 tears in his rentina. When he finally got back to play, their winless team beat the #9 6A team in Alabama. He injured is chest in that game but didn't tell anyone. He played the next two games with his injury. Found out he had a broken sternum....he played 3 games with one eye and a broken chest. I wouldn't let him play anymore. He will probably be the 189 lbs state wrestling champ this year if he doesn't get beat up anymore...and he is still being recruited by Memphis and UNA for football.

I understand Irons wears a steel plate in one of his shoes because his foot is screwed up from getting bent backwords. I have never played with a steel plate in my shoe, it has to slow you down. I imagine Irons is so beat up every Sunday, he can hardly move. Give the guy a break....playing with pain is difficult.

I do remember KI saying after one of the games that he was having trouble getting his legs going or something to that affect. I thought at the time that he just had tired legs perhaps from a long week of practice.

As for the no off week in the schedule. That shouldn't be bothering KI any because as someone else pointed out he hasn't played in 2 of the 8 games we have played.

Kenny will be alright, I think he has a mad on right now and will prove how good he is in the coming weeks.

Archived