Defense

TexasTiger

Maybe we just need to chill out and face the facts as they have presented themselves this season. AU is a good team but not GREAT. We have not developed total team chemistry (I have mentioned this several times now) and have not put a total game together.aybe we won't the entire year. I'm sure all the things that are driving us crazy about this team are just as baffling to the coaches. Sometimes no matter how kids are coached, they just seem to do things their own way in the game. The coaches can scream and "motivate' all they can but sometimes it just doesn't last very long in their minds. This team has found a way to win without looking good but they are still winning. They are a lot like your teenage children (those that have them or remember the days). You can teach/preach all you want and they will/may still do things their own way. If they turn out good kids, then just be thankful.

Let's just enjoy this team for who they are.

Amen. Like I said earlier, I've given up on this team blowing anybody out this season. It's not their "style" this year to do that. I expect every game to be played close until the end. WDE :au:

Our D gave up too many big plays, but only 263 yards today. Chizik's D has given up 357 passing yards in the first half alone. Just a little perspective...

Chizik is playing against one of the most high powered offenses in the country and they are shutting them down in the second half.

Our D got punked by Ole Miss...not quite the same offense as Texas Tech...

Our D didn't get "Punked"...that's a bit of a reach. Ole Mess had 5 big plays that accounted for quite a bit of their yardage. I think I saw a stat whereby if you took out those 5 plays (and I KNOW you can't), we only gave up 92 other yards. We also had two critical INT's which turned the game around. No offence, but I think you're overreacting juuuuuuuuuust a little bit.

:au::homer:

Archived