AEA takes out $1.9 million dollar loan

Ranger12

If I was a teacher and a member of AEA, regardless of my politics, I would be ticked about this.

Link

MONTGOMERY (AP) — The influential Alabama Education Association secured a $1.9 million loan to help it influence Tuesday's elections for statewide offices and the Legislature.

A review of campaign finance forms by the Mobile Press-Register indicated the loan could be the largest in the state's political history.

AEA, which represents teachers and other school employees, filed a campaign finance report Monday listing the loan from Regions Bank. The report, covering activity by AEA's political action committee since late September, showed it has spent $2.16 million. Its total expenditures for the entire election total $7.5 million, making it the clear leader in spending among Alabama political organizations.

Meanwhile, parents have to provide more and more supplies for the classroom because the schools don't have the money to pay for them.

WTG, AEA! You're the biggest reason my children will attend private school when I get back stateside!

Archived