Hilarious article at keepmikeshula.com

TitanTiger

Shula Shocks College Football World

Posted by: BamaGiven

On: 11/05/2006 16:16:40

In: Commentary

Coach Mike Shula and the Alabama Crimson Tide absolutely shocked the college football world on Saturday, with a 24-16 "loss" to the Miss St Bulldogs. This losing strategy is crucial in attracting the top recruits around the country, and getting the exposure in nationally televised games necessary to reel them into Tuscaloosa.

Shula has masterfully kept Bama football on the forefront of national news and commentary.

In today's world of college football, championships are won in recruiting battles. Back in the days of the Bear, recruits would flock to Bama on their own, but times have changed. To attract the finest athletes today, a head coach must keep his program in the news, and constantly talked about in the media.

Today's fine athlete wants exposure, and doesn't care how it comes. Coach Shula has seen this trend developing, and as a result is building a juggernaut recruiting program in Tuscaloosa.

Everyone expects the Tide to dominate in all the games they play. If the Tide beats a Miss St team that has lost 23 consecutive SEC road games, would anyone really be talking about it? The hard truth is that Bama is a victim of its own success.

With today's liberal drive-by media machine, they only way Bama can get the media attention they need to get recruiting exposure, is to take calculated losses when they can get the most benefit.

Takes these losses that yielded big catches, for example:

1. It was highly rumored that wide receiver Tyrone Prothro committed to Alabama immediately following the 17-7 loss to Auburn in 2002

2. Also, according to wide speculation, quarterback Brodie Croyle faxed in his letter of intent following the homecoming loss to UCF 38-40 in 2000.

3. It is also believed that running back Kenneth Darby committed to the Tide immediately after Bama lost to the Ole Miss Rebels 24-27 in 2001.

It's obvious from these examples that the key in building a National Championship quality program is getting the highest caliber of athletes. When an easy win over the worst team in the SEC no longer generates the attention needed, you must do something different. And what better way to signal to potential recruits that they can get playing time right away, than to drop a game to a team like Miss St?

So again, I call on the Bama nation to get behind these losses, and show the recruiting world why everyone wants to play for the Tide.

I just knew there must be a reason. That flipper is one SMART fellow!

LIFETIME CONTRACT-LIFETIME CONTRACT :cheer::cheer::cheer:

that is absolutely the stupiddest thing i have ever read in my entire life. do the bammers really believe this. this guy definitely needs a drug test.

MASH HERE

ok, you got me :roflol: it just sounded like the same ol' bama crap just taken to a new level of zen.

Archived