SI's Stewart Mandell...

AuburnRugby17

ranks us 9 for the second week in a row. Apparently our offense, which put up 27 uncontested points is more than disappointing.

Auburn Tigers (9-1)

To say that Auburn's offense has been disappointing this season is an understatement. Even against Arkansas State, the Tigers scored 13 first-half points, with QB Brandon Cox turning it over three times. A knowledgeable SEC source told me recently that Auburn's O-line has been "soft."

Next game: Saturday vs. Georgia.

Well if you can't score in the red zone against teams like Ark St. I'd say that's not all that impressive. I know we're not one to run the score up but we should be able to put up 40+ points on a team like that, Tulane, Buffalo, etc. with ease. Don't take this as me complaining, because as long as we win games, I'm happy, but at points it has been frustrating to watch because I know what their potential is but it seems like we're not getting all we can out of them. It's like watching Mike Vick struggle. You know what the guy can do when he's on his game, but when he's not, it's like a waste of amazing talent.

9-1 = 9-1

I'll take 11-1 any way it comes and be very happy.

Stewart Mandel is the worst analyst in the history of sports... He his to the SEC what Nazi's were to Jews. He's horrible and he never has a clue what he is talking about... And I'm not just talking about this column. I am speaking of all his columns. I have read many of them and replied to him. Some of the things he says in the column may be accurate but take what he tells you with a grain of salt because the guy is an idiot. Next week he'll be saying Rutgers should be in the National Championship game. If he knew anything he would also know that Brandon Cox only turned it over twice and Fields threw the other interception. Like I said he's an idiot

Stewart Mandel is the worst analyst in the history of sports... He his to the SEC what Nazi's were to Jews. He's horrible and he never has a clue what he is talking about... And I'm not just talking about this column. I am speaking of all his columns. I have read many of them and replied to him. Some of the things he says in the column may be accurate but take what he tells you with a grain of salt because the guy is an idiot. Next week he'll be saying Rutgers should be in the National Championship game. If he knew anything he would also know that Brandon Cox only turned it over twice and Fields threw the other interception. Like I said he's an idiot

I guess I'm an idiot too.

I've thought the O-Line play has been suspect all year.

If he knew anything he would also know that Brandon Cox only turned it over twice and Fields threw the other interception. Like I said he's an idiot

with the three turnovers, i bet he is refering to the 2 interceptions and the fumble to irons.

Hmmm...no offensive touchdown against Florida. A pantswetting against Arkansas. Lackluster games against minor league opponents such as Tulane and Arkansas State. Gosh...don't you think Mandel might have a point?

i have no problem with mandell. wasnt it him who said after the florida game the jordan-hare was his new favorite place to see a game

I think most of you guys on this thread are missing the point about this guy. Every team in the history of college football has had SOMETHING suspect they could work on. This guy would have lambasted our 1983 team for running too much (although we ran the wishbone). He also holds STRONG opionions about Auburn nuances he clearly (from reading his articles) knows little to nothing about. Not to say he's different from most other sports writers, but we are 31-4 in our last 35 games. THIRTY-ONE Wins and FOUR losses. Now do a little research and read the sports articles about us over that period (including those after our many wins over top 10 teams). Notice a trend? That's right, the Mandels HARP on our shortcomings (e.g. OL on the team that beat 2 top 5 teams this year).

And for the transposed FSU fans that aren't satisfied w/ our offense, ask Stattiger if THESE aren't the good old days...

You just compared sportswriting to genocide.

You, my friend, are an idiot.

First of all dude it was a joke... That doesn't make me an idiot because you didn't like it or think it was tasteful... Maybe it wasn't but I'm not an idiot because of it. Most people on this thread probably have seen only some or recent articles by Mandel. I have read many of his columns and he bad mouths Auburn and the SEC every year. He can say what he wants about our lack of whatever. But the point is that we win our games. And it's not like we are just winning the easy games. We win the games that matter. CTT has only lost to 1 top 10 opponent in what the last 3 years? Therefore we win the big time games. People say we would get blown out in the National Championship game. I don't believe we would because in big time games we know how to pull out the win.

And you might like to read the rules on this forum.... I believe it says no need for name calling. Did I hurt you in any way??? No, I was simply expressing my opinion about an ignorant sportswriter. And I'm not your friend either ;)

First of all dude it was a joke... That doesn't make me an idiot because you didn't like it or think it was tasteful... Maybe it wasn't but I'm not an idiot because of it. Most people on this thread probably have seen only some or recent articles by Mandel. I have read many of his columns and he bad mouths Auburn and the SEC every year. He can say what he wants about our lack of whatever. But the point is that we win our games. And it's not like we are just winning the easy games. We win the games that matter. CTT has only lost to 1 top 10 opponent in what the last 3 years? Therefore we win the big time games. People say we would get blown out in the National Championship game. I don't believe we would because in big time games we know how to pull out the win.

And you might like to read the rules on this forum.... I believe it says no need for name calling. Did I hurt you in any way??? No, I was simply expressing my opinion about an ignorant sportswriter. And I'm not your friend either ;)

Do the rules preclude calling a sportwriter whose opinion varies from yours an idiot?

:poke:

Settle down Beavis. We've got 2 games left in the regular season...you can now remove your orange and blue goggles and look at reality. Auburn has not clicked on offense this year...it's painfully obvious. That's all Mandell was trying to say anyway.

I don't think you guys understand... I already said I am not speaking about JUST THIS COLUMN... Good lord how many times do I have to say it. I am talking about this column and EVERY OTHER article I have EVER read. I know our offense hasn't been clicking... Some of what he says in this article are true, but I am talking from past experience the guy is a moron and has no idea what he is talking about.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't think you guys understand... I already said I am not speaking about JUST THIS COLUMN... Good lord how many times do I have to say it. I am talking about this column and EVERY OTHER article I have EVER read. I know our offense hasn't been clicking... Some of what he says in this article are true, but I am talking from past experience the guy is a moron and has no idea what he is talking about.

The "comparision", which you now are crawfishing and saying was all a big "joke", was, 1. tasteless and unwarranted, 2. offensive to Jewish people, 3. not funny at all.

I think we miss the point here ...#5 AP, #5 USA Today, #6 BCS. So who's paying attention to the sad reporter trying to stir up a name for himself?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Panties in a wad alert

Panties in a wad alert

Which prompts the question of the age old debate... bikini, thong or sans?

Stewart Mandel and SI rock, by the way.

Panties in a wad alert

Panties in a wad alert

Which prompts the question ... bikini, thong or sans?

If they went commando they wouldn't have to worry.

Archived