ESPN Lies Like Rug In Bama Game

aucanucktiger

On the faked punt w/ offsetting penalties, the white hat announced Bama did not have the obligatory # of players on the line @ the time of the snap. On review, the morons in the ESPN looked @ their telestrator shot from 70 yards away and mumbled something about the WR didn't seem "grossly" off the line. Then that bimbo on the sidelines proclaims "this just in guys, the Alabama WR didn't report to the official like they're supposed to and for that reason he was considered not on the line." Okay, got that pack of BS?

The linesman & line judge (the officials on the line of scrimmage @ the wings) make their determination of whether a player is on or off the line @ the time of the snap by an imaginary line through the waste of the CENTER. At ALL levels of football, @ least 7 offensive players must have some part of their body (e.g. a foot, helmut, even a facemask) breaking that imaginary line at the time of the snap. Instead, these morons and their telestrator are looking @ the WR farthest away from the ref on his side of the field as their point of reference. These ESPN idiots do this for a living folks!

Okay here's the best part. Offensive players @ ALL levels may REQUEST the wing official tell them when they line up IF they're on "the line" or off. I wish I had a dollar for every player that came out to me when I officiated and boadly proclaimed "I'm on the line" when he was off the line, or vice versa. He can TELL the official anything he wants, it doesn't make him on or off the line and the official will make the call according to where the player was @ the snap, NOT where the player told the official he THOUGHT he was. In other words, Shelley Bimbo announcing the player was not on the line BECAUSE he didn't "report in" to the official is pure, unadulterated slop and further evidence these piece of crap sportscasters will tell us anything assuming we don't know the difference. Ron Franklin goes "gee, I've never heard that one before." That's because Shelley's LYING to you RON!

I think the announcer said that the WR can ask the official if he is on the line and the WR did not do it. It's not that he HAS to report to the official

Nope, I listened to the tape again (before I burn it). She says the WR was ruled not on the line BECAUSE he failed to "report" to the official. Thing is, if the official told her that (extemely doubtful since he probably wouldn't be talking to reporters during the game and if he DID tell her that, even indirectly, he wouldn't ref another Div 1 game), the "roving sideline reporter" and the "experts" in the booth should know (before reporting this balderdash it to us) that CANNOT be a reason for a player being ruled not on the line @ the time of the snap.

Did you see that "chop block" call they made on us earlier in the game? Whats the rule on that? I mean the RB picked up a blitzing LB who was not being engaged by any other blocker...and he took his legs out from under him while blocking from the front. How is that a penalty?

was watching the game with the volume down so i didn't hear any of that. It's hilarious these people get PAID to do this.... The WR can ask the official to help get in the place he should be, but proclaiming to be "on the line" does not make that player "on the line". No player has to report to any official about where they are lining up... I can't believe she would actually say that, and knowingly LIE to everybody listening...

Did you see that "chop block" call they made on us earlier in the game? Whats the rule on that? I mean the RB picked up a blitzing LB who was not being engaged by any other blocker...and he took his legs out from under him while blocking from the front. How is that a penalty?

BG, I didn't see it, but from what you are saying..it sounds like the call was right but the official reported the wrong infraction. You have a clip of it, put it on youtube and send us a link for it... I'd like to see it. It's a penalty cause its a block below the waist.

e. Blocking below the waist is permitted except as follows (A.R. 9-1-2-IVXI):

1. Offensive linemen at the snap positioned more than seven yards from

the middle lineman of the offensive formation are prohibited from

blocking below the waist toward the original position of the ball in

or behind the neutral zone and within 10 yards beyond the neutral

zone.

2. Backs at the snap positioned with the frame of their body completely

outside the frame of the body of the normal tackle (second player

from the snapper) position in either direction toward a sideline, or

in motion at the snap, are prohibited from blocking below the waist

toward the original position of the ball in or behind the neutral

zone and within 10 yards beyond the neutral zone. The frame of the

body does not include arms or legs extended sideways (A.R. 9-1-2-

XXVI).

I even heard on the radio while listening to the SC/Florida game, there was a flag thrown, and the official reported it as a crackback block. There is no such thing. A crackback is an incorrect terminology not an infraction. It had to be either a block below the waist, a clip, or (if he's engaged) a chop block, or if the blocker was an eligible WR, its offensive pass interference.

I think it more likely that the field reporter was mistaken than intentionally dishonest. Perhaps someone told her the receiver did not check in with the ref "as he should have". She may have interpreted "should" to mean "must", while her source may have meant "should" as in "would be a smart idea". But it does seem careless or ignorant on her part.

If that's the case, the announcers in the pressbox were then confused since they weren't aware of any such rule, but didn't want to contradict her on the air in case she was right and they were the ignorant ones.

In hindsight, it was the correct call on the chop block. The TE was engaged in a block with the guy and Johns cut his legs out from under him. I just watched the game and noticed it the second time around.

In hindsight, it was the correct call on the chop block. The TE was engaged in a block with the guy and Johns cut his legs out from under him. I just watched the game and noticed it the second time around.

Yup...I remember that play last night...and it was the correct call. Your guys played a pretty good game last night, BG.

:au::homer:

BG, I didn't see it, but from what you are saying..it sounds like the call was right but the official reported the wrong infraction. You have a clip of it, put it on youtube and send us a link for it... I'd like to see it. It's a penalty cause its a block below the waist.

e. Blocking below the waist is permitted except as follows (A.R. 9-1-2-IVXI):

1. Offensive linemen at the snap positioned more than seven yards from

the middle lineman of the offensive formation are prohibited from

blocking below the waist toward the original position of the ball in

or behind the neutral zone and within 10 yards beyond the neutral

zone.

2. Backs at the snap positioned with the frame of their body completely

outside the frame of the body of the normal tackle (second player

from the snapper) position in either direction toward a sideline, or

in motion at the snap, are prohibited from blocking below the waist

toward the original position of the ball in or behind the neutral

zone and within 10 yards beyond the neutral zone. The frame of the

body does not include arms or legs extended sideways (A.R. 9-1-2-

XXVI).

I even heard on the radio while listening to the SC/Florida game, there was a flag thrown, and the official reported it as a crackback block. There is no such thing. A crackback is an incorrect terminology not an infraction. It had to be either a block below the waist, a clip, or (if he's engaged) a chop block, or if the blocker was an eligible WR, its offensive pass interference.

I remember that flag during the SC/UF game, the ref did the block in the back motion and said crack back....I was thinking to myself.."That cant be right, can it?"

Also, chop block was a good call...........JJ took out his legs outside the tackles.

The linesman & line judge (the officials on the line of scrimmage @ the wings) make their determination of whether a player is on or off the line @ the time of the snap by an imaginary line through the waste of the CENTER.

Well, that explains a lot. If the center is crapping on the field, somebody's doing something wrong.

On the faked punt w/ offsetting penalties, the white hat announced Bama did not have the obligatory # of players on the line @ the time of the snap. On review, the morons in the ESPN looked @ their telestrator shot from 70 yards away and mumbled something about the WR didn't seem "grossly" off the line. Then that bimbo on the sidelines proclaims "this just in guys, the Alabama WR didn't report to the official like they're supposed to and for that reason he was considered not on the line." Okay, got that pack of BS?

The linesman & line judge (the officials on the line of scrimmage @ the wings) make their determination of whether a player is on or off the line @ the time of the snap by an imaginary line through the waste of the CENTER. At ALL levels of football, @ least 7 offensive players must have some part of their body (e.g. a foot, helmut, even a facemask) breaking that imaginary line at the time of the snap. Instead, these morons and their telestrator are looking @ the WR farthest away from the ref on his side of the field as their point of reference. These ESPN idiots do this for a living folks!

Okay here's the best part. Offensive players @ ALL levels may REQUEST the wing official tell them when they line up IF they're on "the line" or off. I wish I had a dollar for every player that came out to me when I officiated and boadly proclaimed "I'm on the line" when he was off the line, or vice versa. He can TELL the official anything he wants, it doesn't make him on or off the line and the official will make the call according to where the player was @ the snap, NOT where the player told the official he THOUGHT he was. In other words, Shelley Bimbo announcing the player was not on the line BECAUSE he didn't "report in" to the official is pure, unadulterated slop and further evidence these piece of crap sportscasters will tell us anything assuming we don't know the difference. Ron Franklin goes "gee, I've never heard that one before." That's because Shelley's LYING to you RON!

I wondered what in the hell she was talking about!

Archived