AU drops to #15

bojack34

And the AP Poll as well... it kinda bothers me that we dropped so far compared to Texas. In retrospect: yea Auburn had a greater beating, but Texas lost to a worse team and has not beaten a sole yet. Who woulda thunk Auburn would be behind Rutgers and Wake Forest :blink:

And the AP Poll as well... it kinda bothers me that we dropped so far compared to Texas. In retrospect: yea Auburn had a greater beating, but Texas lost to a worse team and has not beaten a sole yet. Who woulda thunk Auburn would be behind Rutgers and Wake Forest :blink:

Texas lost their starting QB in the 1st quarter and still almost won the game. What was our excuse?

I think it's wake-up call for everyone involved in this football program.

Yep, wake up and realize there are approximately 100 football programs in the country that aren't in the top 15 right now. There are almost that many that have no hope of being in the top 15 in the next 4 years. At least that many haven't been in the top 15 in the last 4 years.

I want a National Championship. I want CTT to figure out how to get us one. I don't think anyone that we have a chance of replacing him with (Jim Tressel, Mack Brown and Pete Carroll are about as likely to come to AU as The Bear) is any more likely than he is to do it.

Can't argue much with it...getting trashed by 22 at home by a 6-4 team will earn a steep drop in the polls.

We are possibly the worst 9-2 team I have ever watched. No sense of urgency the entire season, constant mistakes, poor defensive secondary play all year, no leaders on O or D. We have been fortunate to win 9 games this year. With that said, I think 9-2 is nothing to be ashamed of and I think we will finish off the season at 11-2 and work on the weaknesses for next year. Expectations at Auburn have risen considerably and the same mistakes won't cut it for next year. Ten win seasons should be the norm for us, competing for SEC titles should be the norm for us, and shooting for a BCS title should be the norm for us.

Archived