Bo Schembechler passes away

WAR-MATT

Prayers to the Blue and Maze family. I liked Bo as a coach. What a record!

The seven-time Big Ten coach of the year compiled a 194-48-5 record at Michigan from 1969-89. Schembechler's record in 26 years of coaching was 234-64-8.

Michigan will win this game!!!!!!!! You just watch and see. I would not be shocked at all after this.

Anyone else notice that he got his masters at OSU? I love how big rivalries have little stuff like that around them. Kinda like Vince Dooley being an Auburn guy.

Anyways, prayers to his family. I'm sure he'll be helping the Wolverines out from somewhere.

I just thought that I would share with you a Bo Schembechler quote.

After his team lost 9-7 to Auburn in the 1984 Sugar Bowl, Michigan coach Bo Schembechler was asked to opine in regards to the game. Here's what the late coach had to say about Auburn on that January night back in 1984.

"Auburn's a class act. If they win the national championship, then I'm all for it."

Most of us Auburn fans only remember the Frank Beamer, "I'm a company guy" line after the '05 Sugar Bowl. Most of us don't remember this classy quote from a classy, upstanding member of college football. I used to love to watch his Michigan teams: tough, physical, run the ball, play defense, hit the hell out of the opponent. Bo's style was old school. I grew up watching his Michigan teams play. He will be missed. God bless him!!

War Eagle!! Beat Bama!!

I just thought that I would share with you a Bo Schembechler quote.

After his team lost 9-7 to Auburn in the 1984 Sugar Bowl, Michigan coach Bo Schembechler was asked to opine in regards to the game. Here's what the late coach had to say about Auburn on that January night back in 1984.

"Auburn's a class act. If they win the national championship, then I'm all for it."

Most of us Auburn fans only remember the Frank Beamer, "I'm a company guy" line after the '05 Sugar Bowl. Most of us don't remember this classy quote from a classy, upstanding member of college football. I used to love to watch his Michigan teams: tough, physical, run the ball, play defense, hit the hell out of the opponent. Bo's style was old school. I grew up watching his Michigan teams play. He will be missed. God bless him!!

War Eagle!! Beat Bama!!

I remember Coach Dye and Coach Schembechler had lots of respect for each other. They coached the game in similar fashion, and complimented each other for it. Hate to see his kind pass. Thanks Coach. WDE and Go Blue!

Archived