Did anybody else feel as if...

BGoodTiger

the entire CBS crew was pro-bama throughout the entire game? Gary Danielson made we want to :puke: listening to "how great this alabama team is" and how Auburn "doesn't look like they own this place right now". Every single time there was a questionable call, they voted Alabama. Keith Brown's fumble- "his butt was on the ground when that ball came out". Just wanted to know if everybody had the same feelings I did.

War Eagle and here's one for the bammers. :thumbsup:

I got so sick of the crap that I turned on the radio and listened to AU Network!

The 3 second delay sucked, but I did not have to hear anymore of that stuff. They SUCKED! (CBS)

Pissed me off!

A UA win would have been a better human interest story this year. The announcers eat that kind of crap up.

The thing I couldn't believe (and I can't believe no one has mentioned it before now), did anyone else hear the announcer at halftime say that if Brad Lester could play the rest of the game that Auburn WOULD win. His exact quote was "...if Brad lester goes the distance, Auburn's gonna win this game." I almost fell out of my chair.

He put himself out on a limb, but he was right!!!

No question the announcers favored Bama. I didn't hold it against them; most sportscasters are so stupid they are barely responsible for their actions. I just ignored them.

What do you expect when they send a Yankee crew down here to do a southern rivalry game? It makes no sense. Bring back Kieth Jackson!

Oh God, Please NO....Those announcers yesterday were so pro-uat it made me sick. Look how long it took for us to get an "iron bowl" highlight in which auburn won...that spoke volumes... then there announcing on top of it...horrible... but nothing is as bad as Keith Jackson....Keep him away from the SEC, wait, keep him away from college football all together....You want to eliminate biased announcing and yet you want the most biased, fairweathered announcer to ever live??? :puke:

A UA win would have been a better human interest story this year. The announcers eat that kind of crap up.

The thing I couldn't believe (and I can't believe no one has mentioned it before now), did anyone else hear the announcer at halftime say that if Brad Lester could play the rest of the game that Auburn WOULD win. His exact quote was "...if Brad lester goes the distance, Auburn's gonna win this game." I almost fell out of my chair.

Barnhardt knows his southern football well

What do you expect when they send a Yankee crew down here to do a southern rivalry game? It makes no sense. Bring back Kieth Jackson!

Don't you hear enough about "The Bear" already? No more Keith!!!!!

Bias is bad enough (and those guys were hopping on the Bama band-wagon @ every opportunity), but it kills me how many former top-level football players either don't know college football 101, or pretend they don't know (to be controversial?). e.g. Gary Danielson. It's like the networks LOOK for a Bob Griese or Todd Blackledge to issue mind-numbingly clunky color commentary.

Bias is bad enough (and those guys were hopping on the Bama band-wagon @ every opportunity), but it kills me how many former top-level football players either don't know college football 101, or pretend they don't know (to be controversial?). e.g. Gary Danielson. It's like the networks LOOK for a Bob Griese or Todd Blackledge to issue mind-numbingly clunky color commentary.

Some of the uat bias was hard to take, but they did have a reason -- HC Shulla was the QB in one of the notable uat wins ('85.) It's hard to fault CBS for playing up that story angle. Gary Danielson was broadcasting his first IB so I'm positive he wasn't going to go against the planned uat love-fest. Danielson did give props to Borges for coming out passing when AU was pinned on their own 1-yd line. Also, as a former pro QB, Danielson had some nice things to say about the way Brandon Cox was quaterbacking the team.

That was Tony Barnhart of the AJC. I was surprised he said it. I watch him every Sunday on Talking Football, on CSS in Atlanta.

:au::homer:

I think they use it as a pre-requisite that you can't know anything about college football to hold a microphone. Kinda like needing a criminal record to play at FSU..... It's amazing how many announcers (many of them former coaches/players) don't have a clue about the rules of the game.....

Archived