Michael McNeil

mattd

You can be articulate and not have a good GPA or ACT score. Speaking skills are not measured by numbers.

The thing that caught my eye was this:

Another thing that is important is making sure that the coaches that recruit me are there when I join the team. I don't want to build relationships, get to the school, and have to meet a new set of coaches. The coaches are the ones who have the relationships with the players, know what the team needs and are the ones who will be directly working with you.

Guess that eliminates bammer... B)

Exactly...my ACT score wasn't the best in the world and I make a living talking so what does that say. I meant he seems to have put a lot of thought into it, and realizes it's more about jsut playing time.

Seems like a very articulate kid, and a good fit for our program if he takes everything he says into perspective we'd be the obvious choice....

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=593059

2.6 GPA, 18 ACT .. no, articulate is not the first thing that comes to mind.

I don't know if he's articulate or not, but neither do you, just based on those numbers. Sounds like a solid young man, though. Frankly, insulting a recruit on this board is pretty stupid. Hope you delete it.

Besides being articuolate is how you present yourself and and what you say..not your freakin act and GPA....

Archived