I've tried to ignore it, but the stupidity has gotten ridiculous

GalensGhost

Check some of these gems from a prominent Bama message board:

Do you think his (Spurrier's) ego would let him turn down the chance to be the coach to rebuild the house of Bear? To step into this program and make it a consistant powerhouse again would look more impressive on his resume' than anything he could do in Miami or SC.

In 2006, our team was led by more sophomores and juniors, and we lost the close games we won the year before. No one likes 6-6, but none of our six loses were we totally humiliated like Auburn was by Georgia.

Getting the thumb from Auburn may be hard to take, but Alabama has always had its sites on a bigger prize. If our BCS hopes had been dashed in such a humiliating way as the Georgia loss, a win over Auburn wouldn’t matter very much. Notice how quickly they forgot the national picture. Our ultimate goal is far beyond just beating Auburn. We have a National Championship mentality that everyone envies.

Welcome to Alabama, Steve!

Kind of becoming a dead horse by now, but there's not a lot else to talk about until we know our bowl destination, so I'll take another whack:

Do you think his (Spurrier's) ego would let him turn down the chance to be the coach to rebuild the house of Bear? To step into this program and make it a consistant powerhouse again would look more impressive on his resume' than anything he could do in Miami or SC.

The Ol' Ball Coach isn't worrying about his resume at this point in his career, he's just looking to enjoy life. And coaching at USC where there's less pressure while playing golf at Augusta is a lot more fun that jumping into the "Mal"strom of Bama lunacy, politics. and pressure.

In 2006, our team was led by more sophomores and juniors, and we lost the close games we won the year before. No one likes 6-6, but none of our six loses were we totally humiliated like Auburn was by Georgia. I don't know, I'd say losing to MSU is pretty humiliating regardless of how close you may have kept the score! :lol:

Getting the thumb from Auburn may be hard to take, but Alabama has always had its sites on a bigger prize. If our BCS hopes had been dashed in such a humiliating way as the Georgia loss, a win over Auburn wouldn’t matter very much. Notice how quickly they forgot the national picture. Our ultimate goal is far beyond just beating Auburn. We have a National Championship mentality that everyone envies.

Welcome to Alabama, Steve!

In 2006, our team was led by more sophomores and juniors, and we lost the close games we won the year before. No one likes 6-6, but none of our six loses were we totally humiliated like Auburn was by Georgia.

House of Bear?! (the sound you hear is me rolling on the floor). Also, what kind of mentality are you talking about? "National Championship" doesn't come to mind. "Idiot" does.

I don't think this poster know what he is saying; so maybe Steve's ego will take him to Ball State or Temple, that would be just about as impressive as turning 'Bama into a winner. :roflol:

They actually think all of these great coaches are just waiting in line to coach at Bama...what was Shula? like their 5th choice? ( the only one that didn't turn them down with a smirk?)...they are so pitiful...almost makes you feel sorry for them....NOT!! :roflol::ua::roflol:

is it just me, or does anyone else like the "new and improved" quietfan.

I've changed ?? :blink:

(Well, I guess I have been a little too busy to spend much time on the "Politically Speaking" forum lately. Maybe a silent liberal is a more likable liberal... :rolleyes:

But to quote the Governator: "I'll be back!" :big: )

Archived