"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA

DKW 86

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:26 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 9:51 p.m. EST, January 3, 2007

"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA

In the immediate wake of Nick $aban's departure from the Miami Dolphins, the prevailing mood in the building is, to quote the doctor who informed George Costanza of his fiancé's demise, "restrained jubilation".

Make no mistake about it -- $aban was hated by nearly everyone in the building, with the most notable exception being his in-house spy and ball washer (especially when not golfing) Scott O'Brien.

And $aban surely knew it. Why else would he choose not to face his coaching staff and tell them in person that he was leaving? Instead, $aban let them know of the decision by phone (Just like Fran!) , prompting some of the assistant coaches and veteran players to label him as a

"f--king p--sy".

Me-ow.

We're also hearing that $aban's wife had a big role in the final decision to leave Miami, which according to owner Wayne Huizenga was the result of various factors unrelated to money. "I've been through this with Nick for quite some time now," said Huizenga, who apparently was complicit with $aban in the string of flat denials regarding $aban's possible departure. "I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."

With $aban gone, there are plenty of folks in the franchise who are feeling anything but pain.

Archived