Bama Bobo Honker of the Day

GalensGhost

The winner from yesterday, hands down, was Ian Rappaport. Since coming over from that bastion of journalism, the Clarion Ledger, to take over as Bama "beat" reporter for the Birmingham News, Rappaport has given new and twisted meaning to the term "beat reporter". He has beaten himself nearly blind in his slavering journalistic efforts. As if his mother didn't warn him about that... But I digress. From Rappaport's first error-plagued Bama spin cycle masquerading as an explanation of Juwan Simpson's punishment to yesterday's ode to Saban, Rappaport has established himself as a down-the-line Bama bobo honker. There's not a crimson bobo he won't honk with gusto. Yesterday's honking was so enthusiastic, I understand Rappaport was warned to ease up a little, as it was starting to hurt.

If you can read this article and not projectile vomit, there's something very very wrong with you.

I was just about to post this article myself. A couple of interesting parts:

Recruiting i$ a busine$$, and that'$ how the Alabama coach i$ treating it. $ure, it tweak$ rival$. But that ha$n't forced anyone at Alabama to change.
Does he realize how damagingly close to the truth this statement might be? Deja vu, Memphis-style...
Most recently, Alabama apparently secured a visit from Hoover defensive tackle Josh Chapman, who had committed to Auburn in the summer. Chapman told the recruiting Web site Rivals.com that he had thought he made the right decision (to sign with the Tigers), but he "wanted to take a trip and make sure I made the right choice."

There are others.

Lionel Breaux, a receiver from New Orleans, committed to Ole Miss, but is scheduled to visit Tuscaloosa today. McGill-Toolen defensive end Sidell Corley, a Florida commitment, visited Alabama last weekend. Tarrant running back/receiver Marquis Maze originally told Michigan he would sign, but he visited Tuscaloosa last weekend, too. Dora defensive end Chavis Williams, an Arkansas commit, is scheduled to visit today.

But if BAMA commits shop around, Saban will shop around on them...

Give me an "H"! Give me a "y"! Give me a "p"! Give me an "o"! Give me a "c"! Give me an "r"! Give me an "i"! Give me a "t"! Give me an "e"! :cheer:

What's that spell?! :cheer:

"slavering"="slobbering?"

it seems Mr. Rappaport is a slobbering bobo honker.

Sometimes I wonder if I make words up, so I went and looked. Here is dictionary.com for slavering:

slav·er 1 (slāv'ər) Pronunciation Key

intr.v. slav·ered, slav·er·ing, slav·ers

To slobber; drool.

To behave in an obsequious manner; fawn

Archived