Bama Bobo Honker of the Day

GalensGhost

There may be better honkers later in the day, but there's nothing like getting the honking in early. A good sloppy morning honk can really set the tone for the day. With that in mind, let's celebrate al.com, supposedly the state's number one site for news and sports.

On the front page of al.com this morning section on recruiting highlighting the article "Signing Day Nears"

When you click inside, the article headline refers to Auburn "nabbing" the son of an Arkansas coach, but never mentions anything about said "nabbing" nor the name of the recruit or the father.

The article proceeds to talk about some UAB recruits, a kid who isn't being recruited (except by UWA), Robert Marve who is a likely Miami commit (but they can always hope), Noel Devine (who isn't going to play anywhere and is now looking at WVU for his last visit), a guy offered by Army, and a kid who visited Bama but had no interest.

But let's look at the graphic for the recruiting section:

al_com.jpg

Bobo honkers!

Auburn didnt have ANY official visitors this weekend, we had our biggest of the year.

Thats why.

BTW, Noel Devine flew in to ttown yesterday.

That's not what the article says, BG. If they'd played it that way the honking would have at least been subtle. Don't try to justify it.

Who cares where Devine flies? Waste all the time you want with him. He's got as much chance of legally playing there as does the tree in my backyard.

Auburn didnt have ANY official visitors this weekend, we had our biggest of the year.

Thats why.

BTW, Noel Devine flew in to ttown yesterday.

That's not what the article says, BG. If they'd played it that way the honking would have at least been subtle. Don't try to justify it.

Who cares where Devine flies? Waste all the time you want with him. He's got as much chance of legally playing there as does the tree in my backyard.

I heard he arrived in T-Town yesterday as well. One thing that caught my attention was that he is a kid that will not qualify but yet this week alone he will miss two days of school.

I say offer the tree. Send it to prep school if need be. Has the tree ever been in trouble?

Send the tree to Arkansas...they won't have to worry about it when it "leaves"...

Guest Tigrinum Major

The tree grew up a lifelong Auburn fan. It even has an interlocking AU carved into one of it's main branches.

Saban did come down for an in-home (in-yard?) last night and the tree is considering an offer to be cut down and fashioned into a new desk for Saban. However, a cedar in Gordo is set to announce on Tuesday and is said to the first choice of the Alabama coach.

Drama. I love it.

The tree grew up a lifelong Auburn fan. It even has an interlocking AU carved into one of it's main branches.

Saban did come down for an in-home (in-yard?) last night and the tree is considering an offer to be cut down and fashioned into a new desk for Saban. However, a cedar in Gordo is set to announce on Tuesday and is said to the first choice of the Alabama coach.

Drama. I love it.

I looked out the window and saw Saban running across the yard. Now my tree's branches are all covered in green. And I saw it leaning over toward the holly bush.

Bobo honking update? The image on the al.com recruiting section has been changed. What was some UA logo is now an AU helmet.

Drama. I love it.

I think the tree looks like Flava Flav! :big:

maybe you could buy the tree some mexican or some sushi to sway him

Quote from Galen's tree. "I'm a tree. Don't try and feed me no sushi, I ain't no man!"

Treehuggers.

Bama don't want no stinkin' tree anyway.

Oh yea? If I recall correctly, you guys were calling this tree the next Sequoyah at Bama when his branches were pointing towards Tuscaloosa. Now, all of a sudden, when he puts his roots down in Auburn, ya'll didn't want him anyway. Geez, what a sap.

Archived