NICK SABAN SHOULD BE FIRED!!

GalensGhost

Was watching some show at lunch on ESPN. Skip Bayless and three other talking heads.

Unanimous in their declaration that Saban's comments are "definitely a firing offense!"

I BRAYED LAUGHTER in the restaurant.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was watching some show at lunch on ESPN. Skip Bayless and three other talking heads.

Unanimous in their declaration that Saban's comments are "definitely a firing offense!"

Do you think he should be fired?

Yes, but not for that. For my amusement, perhaps, but not for that.

It's your amusement park, I'm just enjoying the rides.

Could this be Mike Price all over again?

Personally, I don't think that Saban's comments were racially motivated or racially insensitive.

Regards,

Kramer

George Allen

Trent Lott

Robert Byrd

Iran's President

David Duke

Guest Tigrinum Major

No. I am rather enjoying the swirl of controversy, real or peceived. Because, as we all know, perception is reality.

Personally, I don't think that Saban's comments were racially motivated or racially insensitive.

Regards,

Kramer

George Allen

Trent Lott

Robert Byrd

Iran's President

David Duke

So essentialy all the AU fans who use the term are absolved because they are AU fans. If a UA coach uses it, he's a racist?

I would suggest to you that most anyone else seeing the error of what they had said would be a man and accept it instead of tap dancing around. I know there is no need to expect an apology from your coach or your school.

Regards,

Kramer

George Allen

Trent Lott

Robert Byrd

Iran's President

David Duke

So essentialy all the AU fans who use the term are absolved because they are AU fans. If a UA coach uses it, he's a racist?

What fans say, and what a coach says.

Should the coach not be held to a higher standard with issues like that?

How many bama fans have used the 'N' word?

So because a small percentage of a large fanbase uses the term, it should be ok for a head coach to do the same?

So because a small percentage of a large fanbase uses the term, it should be ok for a head coach to do the same?

Hahaha you just got your spin on!

Everyone should be held to the same standard. Do you HONESTLY think if anyone here used the N word in a post...it would be allowed? Hell no. Fans say a LOT of stuff that isnt acceptable. But you are grouping in "coonass" with that list of unacceptable things...when its been allowed on this very board...and I didn't see ANY of you high and mighty types calling those people out when they said it. So you have no place to call out Saban now.

No. I am rather enjoying the swirl of controversy, real or peceived. Because, as we all know, perception is reality.

Except when it comes to Bama recruiting. Then perception is fantasy.

Everyone should be held to the same standard. Do you HONESTLY think if anyone here used the N word in a post...it would be allowed? Hell no. Fans say a LOT of stuff that isnt acceptable. But you are grouping in "coonass" with that list of unacceptable things...when its been allowed on this very board...and I didn't see ANY of you high and mighty types calling those people out when they said it. So you have no place to call out Saban now.

Sure we do, because it obviously gets under the Bammer's skin. And that is all the reason I need.

:moon:

Sure we do, because it obviously gets under the Bammer's skin. And that is all the reason I need.

If thats the case, then i have no problem with it. It's the people who actually BELIEVE that its ok for that phrase to be used for the last 5 years on this board...but as soon as Saban uses it, he's a racist.

I don't think it's a firing offense, unless it's the start of a pattern. To me, it's somewhat like Shula trying to change the name of the Sylvester Croom Award a few springs ago: a media/public relations faux pas, but not the end of the world.

It is, however, enough to keep me entertained, and to put the SP back in SPUAT, but that's just my personal pleasure. :lol:

I don't think he should be fired. I think ya'll got exactly what you paid for. Why fire Nick when he will make a larger fool of himself and your University by staying?

Hold on guys, I'm still trying to get past the image of brayed

I'm just saying $aban is paid $4million to represent your school.

The AUNation members who have used the term are not.

There's a difference.

Hold on guys, I'm still trying to get past the image of brayed

It was Diet Dr. Pepper out the nose laughter.

This is exactly why I said that Saban was a bad hire from the get go. How ironic is it that the coach who UA hires to get the program off the contraversial map keeps them right in it? From the "I plan on being the Dolphins head coach" to "No I have no interest in the Alabama job and I won't be Alabama's head coach" to the coaching staff situation to the new "coona**" situation, Saban has provided Auburn fans with a year's worth of entertainment. The only guy who could top all of this was Pappy Price. UA fans actually think that we're scared of this clown. Please, Auburn fans are entertained if nothing else.

Well, I have to admit that it adds a little bit more fun to next year's Alabama-LSU game. As if those Coonasses (Excuse me. Acadian-Americans) didn't have incentive enough for him leaving them high and dry in 2004.

Shoot, maybe those Coonasses will throw urine bottles at Saban and call his wife a whore like they did Tuberville back in '01. I'm not saying that I want that to happen because I don't. I just know how crazy those fans get down there, especially when they're drunk and pissed off.

Archived