And they call us the cow college

AUtigersAUsome

I was at the World of Wheels Auto show this weekend and I have to tell you that the Bammers were crawlin all over the place. I was working at a booth and the number of rednecks with Bama gear on was astounding. There were probably 2,000 people there with only 700 teeth between all of them. I don't care what they say about Auburn being rural...the real redneck school is in Tuscaloser.

I was at the World of Wheels Auto show this weekend and I have to tell you that the Bammers were crawlin all over the place. I was working at a booth and the number of rednecks with Bama gear on was astounding. There were probably 2,000 people there with only 700 teeth between all of them. I don't care what they say about Auburn being rural...the real redneck school is in Tuscaloser.

No......They aren't necessarily a Redneck School, they just have a Lot of Redneck fans. The reason behind that is because when they were growing up their uncle daddys thought that they should pull for the University with their state name attached to it.......and the fact that most of them think that Auburn is another state. So, it's been passed down from generation to generation, that and they still think all Auburn University does is raise Cows......since that's what their God says the bahr said. Isn't it funny how Auburn is made fun of for being a Farm School or Cow College, whatever, and we never really make fun of bama for being a Law School.........Oh that's right, we don't have to, because whenever we see the Ambulance Chasers on T.V. Commercials we realize that we don't have to.

Those people don't go to school here. And believe me, don't think that we don't grow tired of them, too. The thing is, many people I know like that will be in a Bama shirt one day and an Auburn shirt the next. The ultimate bandwagon fans... :rolleyes:

And yo Prowler, do you know that many AU fans attend Law school here? You do recognize that, right?

Those people don't go to school here. And believe me, don't think that we don't grow tired of them, too. The thing is, many people I know like that will be in a Bama shirt one day and an Auburn shirt the next. The ultimate bandwagon fans... :rolleyes:

And yo Prowler, do you know that many AU fans attend Law school here? You do recognize that, right?

Link?

Yo, yo, yo, word up wincrimson.......did you know that a couple bama fans attend school at Auburn for an Engineering Degree?........Yea, didn't think so. There are actually some bama fans that play Football as well as other sports at Auburn. Because they realized that AU is and has been the better team for getting them to the next level.

Those are only the ones that we send covertly to keep the scales of justice blind and balanced.

You folks that attend these events need to carry a camera with you. We can start a "Mullet of the Week" contest.

You folks that attend these events need to carry a camera with you. We can start a "Mullet of the Week" contest.

One of the best subtly mentioned ideas on this board I've seen so far.

I hate to break it to you but the general population of the state is not that great..!! you can't really pin it in a particular place, it's state wide..........

Beatdown

Guest Tigrinum Major

Those people don't go to school here. And believe me, don't think that we don't grow tired of them, too.

This is the ultimate conundrum of the universe.

On one hand, we have the redneck, dirt road alumni of the state's flagship university that pledge their allegiance to the school "because we live in Alabama, by God." and other sundry reasons that make as much sense.

Then we have the elitist, snobbish students and alumni that hold the attitude that wincrimson put into electrons above. They attend/attended the school and don't particularly care for the majority of the other 93,000 that pack the stadium on a Saturday afternoon.

I find it quite amusing.

Every school has a split in their fanbase, but it seems much more pronounced in this case.

Including my own father...of course, :au: grad that he is, he won't root for UAT unless the law school fields a football team... B)

Those people don't go to school here. And believe me, don't think that we don't grow tired of them, too.

On one hand, we have the redneck, dirt road alumni of the state's flagship university that pledge their allegiance to the school "because we live in Alabama, by God." and other sundry reasons that make as much sense.

Then we have the elitist, snobbish students and alumni that hold the attitude that wincrimson put into electrons above. They attend/attended the school and don't particularly care for the majority of the other 93,000 that pack the stadium on a Saturday afternoon.

I find it quite amusing.

Every school has a split in their fanbase, but it seems much more pronounced in this case.

If I'm snobbish, everyone else on this board is also.

"Toothless, Earnhardt jacket wearing, Skoal spitting, Old Milwaukee drinking, stinking, cousin lovers!!! Ahahahahah!!! LOL at Bammy! Blah blah blah..."

It's all good.

I find it quite amusing.

"Toothless, Earnhardt jacket wearing, Skoal spitting, Old Milwaukee drinking, stinking, cousin lovers!!! Ahahahahah!!! LOL at Bammy! Blah blah blah..."

It's all good.

Nice self portrait win, but come on we all know it is Natty Light not Old Milwaukee. Nothing but the best for you.

I find it quite amusing.

It's all good.

Nice self portrait win, but come on we all know it is Natty Light not Old Milwaukee. Nothing but the best for you.

Cant forget about the Pabst Blue Ribbon

Frankly Ive never understood the "cow college" ridicule. Theres nothing I enjoy more than a burger or a bowl of cereal. Not to mention, without farming this state wouldnt be much at all. Also, a lot of Alabama fans for the reasons mentioned above are involved in the farm industry. We can all live without the lawyers but we wont be making it long without the food. Im not in agriculture but theres nothing I enjoy more than a day's worth of hard manual work. I find it kind of fulfilling.

I like the shirt they have at J&M that just has a big orange and blue tractor on it and says Auburn.

Yeah theres also a lot of them that go to dental school, medical school, and others at Alabama in Birmingham. Thats because theyre the only ones the state has. (Except South for some). Whats your point?

Yeah theres also a lot of them that go to dental school, medical school, and others at Alabama in Birmingham. Thats because theyre the only ones the state has. (Except South for some). Whats your point?

Your attempted jab on the UA law school.

Just wanting you to realize that I know many Auburn fans to go law school here. So, why slam it? I don't see your point.

Your attempted jab on the UA law school.

Just wanting you to realize that I know many Auburn fans to go law school here. So, why slam it? I don't see your point.

I didnt make any jabs at the law school. I know its a pretty good one. I think they are pretty good for a lot of graduate stuff. I see your point refering to prowlers post though. I wasnt paying complete attention. Personally, I not a big fan of lawyers, but I dont make fun of bama for "being a law school". Someones got to do it.

Im not sure if you realize but the health schools at UAB are called "The University of Alabama School of Medicine" and so on. My grandfather (who got a masters from UA) loved it when my brother went there. Just saying that lots of people do that because they are for the most part the only state funded schools of that type. Im sure plenty of alabama people come to Auburn for pharmacy too.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It's all good.

So, you admit that you are a snob and dislike the dirt road fanbase of your school that may not be as fortunate as you to attend college?

Glad we got that cleared up.

Archived