donovan staying

kickinwang

he would have been absolutely insane to leave. when you're riding on back to back national championships, you've got it all. he's got to be getting pretty much whatever he wants out of UF right now...

True, I don't see why he would leave either, but you could make an argument for it. All his players are leaving, he's already accomplished all he can at Florida, and UK would presumably have topped whatever UF's best offer was. Still, when you weigh that against the positives of staying at UF, to me it's a no-brainer, and he made the right decision. Props to Billy D (by the way, I vote we give him the nickname "Lando").

Rumor is from multiple espn talking heads is that he will stay at UF until the Miami Heat job comes open. :gofig:

I can't blame him for staying either, he now has a loooong time of average seasons before they will start thinking about getting rid of him.

On the UK subject, seems like they are having a hard time finding a coach. Kinda like the bama job, was great, but now the expectations are so damn high that nobody wants a career ending job like that. Who knows maybe Kentucky will pony up a lot of money for a so-so coach.

I can't blame him for staying either, he now has a loooong time of average seasons before they will start thinking about getting rid of him.

On the UK subject, seems like they are having a hard time finding a coach. Kinda like the bama job, was great, but now the expectations are so damn high that nobody wants a career ending job like that. Who knows maybe Kentucky will pony up a lot of money for a so-so coach.

:uk: has only talked to one coach so far, Donovan. I doubt they will go another week without hiring someone. Doesn't really classify in the league of Bammer's coaching searches. I expect them to go after either Rick Barnes from Texas or Mark Few from Gonzaga soon.

:uk: has only talked to one coach so far, Donovan. I doubt they will go another week without hiring someone. Doesn't really classify in the league of Bammer's coaching searches. I expect them to go after either Rick Barnes from Texas or Mark Few from Gonzaga soon.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't blame them for waiting on Donovan, and best of luck to them on their search.

Don't kid yourself. I'm sure Florida is paying him plenty. For all we know, they may have come up with as much as Kentucky would have paid him.

from the Huntsville Times yesterday

may not have been a difficult decision

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/j....xml&coll=1

"Others will say: "Why would anybody in their right mind want to go to Kentucky, where the administrators and the fans will love you to death ... as long as you make it to the Final Four every year and win the national championship at least every other year?''

So does he leave? Does he stay? Understand, it's no skin off this man's nose, whatever happens. But the prediction here: He stays.

Donovan is already making $1.7 million a year at Florida. If Kentucky comes with a Nick Saban-type offer, Florida administrators have the money and the will to match it.

Surely, Donovan will listen to Kentucky's deal. Then he'll come home and confer with Jeremy Foley, the Florida athletic director. He'll weigh all the pros and cons with his family.

He'll consider the fact that his wife helped raise the money to build the Catholic school where his eldest son is enrolled and where his father helps coach the basketball team.

He'll ask himself, "Do I really want to give up that nice vacation home in St. Augustine?''

Then he'll ask himself: "Do I really want to compete in the same state with Rick Pitino, my old coach and mentor?''

Then he'll tell himself: "If it's just a matter of money, I can always go to the NBA some day.''

And then he'll tell Kentucky, "Thanks, but no thanks.''

That's just a guess, though. Don't take it the bank just yet.

Contact John Pruett at johnp@htimes.com"

I read on A&M's board that it Billy G runs this same type of O as Tubby did at UK....true or not true?

Would be surprised if they hired a man who hasnt gone passed the Sweet 16 yet and runs the same type of O as their just fired coach

Archived