Sporting News blogger ranks SEC coaches.

WAR-MATT

SEC Coaches

Our LSU friends are not going to be happy with this guy.

4. Tommy Tuberville, Auburn. I'll go ahead and admit it: He's my favorite SEC coach. Tuberville not only survived a coup, but he has made the Tigers perhaps the premier program in the nation's premier conference. Good stuff. If Tubs were doing all of this in Tuscaloosa, he'd already have a statue of him outside the stadium. Oh, you know it's true, Bama Boy.
1. Nick Saban, Alabama. Just shut up and get out the way. A genius is at work. Sure, Saban was a dud in the NFL. Who cares? His tunnel vision and maniacal focus will make him impervious to the Crimson hanger-on-ers who poison this program. Still not convinced? Well, if Saban won it all at LSU -- which I like to call "Alabama Light" -- he can do it in T-town.
10. Les Miles, LSU. Is he just winning with Saban's players? It's a question that's not worth answering. Miles deserves credit for keeping the Bayou Bengals at a high level. Now, here's a legit question: Can Miles reach the summit like Saban? If Miles didn't do it last year, he never may get it done. Is that a clock I hear ticking?

SEC Coaches

4. Tommy Tuberville, Auburn. I'll go ahead and admit it: He's my favorite SEC coach. Tuberville not only survived a coup, but he has made the Tigers perhaps the premier program in the nation's premier conference. Good stuff. If Tubs were doing all of this in Tuscaloosa, he'd already have a statue of him outside the stadium. Oh, you know it's true, Bama Boy.
1. Nick Saban, Alabama. Just shut up and get out the way. A genius is at work. Sure, Saban was a dud in the NFL. Who cares? His tunnel vision and maniacal focus will make him impervious to the Crimson hanger-on-ers who poison this program. Still not convinced? Well, if Saban won it all at LSU -- which I like to call "Alabama Light" -- he can do it in T-town.
10. Les Miles, LSU. Is he just winning with Saban's players? It's a question that's not worth answering. Miles deserves credit for keeping the Bayou Bengals at a high level. Now, here's a legit question: Can Miles reach the summit like Saban? If Miles didn't do it last year, he never may get it done. Is that a clock I hear ticking?

before the Auburn nation starts whining... and start accusing Sporting News of being a bunch of redneck bama boosters in disguise... here's another article that might satisfy your needs to diss Bama...

Sporting News

I hope this guy chokes on Saban's bobo. Who in their right mind would rate Saban number one? Has he proved anything since he's been back in the SEC? Not yet! Maybe he will, and he was successful at LSWho, but now...gimmie a fu$%^n break. All of this Saban bobo honking is making me :puke: I wish the media idiots would find someone else's bobo to honk on for a while.

At least he did say some positive things about CTT though. WDE Coach Tubbs!

SEC Coaches

before the Auburn nation starts whining... and start accusing Sporting News of being a bunch of redneck bama boosters in disguise... here's another article that might satisfy your needs to diss Bama...

Sporting News

This is my favorite part of the story.......

So after winning 10 games in 1996 -- and four years after winning the school's seventh national title -- Stallings was forced out.

I'm with SLink, wtf is Nutt doing in the top 10 much less the top 6 of SEC coaches. Houston Nutt, the words great and coach shouldn't belong in the same article much less the same sentence.

You guys can hate Miles all you want, but their's no question he's a better coach than Nutt. Richt is also a better coach, and Saban ahead of Spurrier? Bamaperry must be shittin himself right about now. :lol:

This article = :thumbsdown:

Is Miles better than Nutt? Probably. Is he better than pretty much anyone else? Yet to be determined. I'll give him some respect if he wins an SEC title with the boatload of talent he has.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't put Urban Meyer at #3. He's a pretty good coach but like Miles, he inherited that talent.

Archived