No more bama students at the Iron Bowl?

Ravad

Alabama Students -- Hit The Books!

Do they have any that have achieved that mark? :poke:

Attending the Iron Bowl is not for students unfamiliar with the heated Alabama-Auburn rivalry. Starting this year, it's also not for students unfamiliar with the classroom.

Thanks to a new rule at Alabama, students who have not earned at least 92 hours will be ineligible to purchase Iron Bowl tickets. In the past the school has distributed tickets based on seniority, but this year Alabama officials decided on a set number based on where tickets ran out last year. Obviously students who had hoped to get tickets and now know they can't are upset by the new policy, but it makes sense to me. The players have to go to class in order to play in the game. Students should have to go to class in order to watch them.

That's not all the bad news for Alabama students. A proposed bill exempting taxes on college textbooks will likely not be passed by the state legislature. The upside is that now those students missing out on Iron Bowl tickets don't have to feel bad because they wouldn't have been able to afford going to the game anyway.

--Eric Horowitz

That's a pretty weak rule imo. I think the students bring the majority of the noise and intensity to the crowd.

When does the rule that you have to have actually attended the school to get a ticket to that game go into affect?

Its an away ticket for them anyways. They'd be long gone before students with 92 hours (basically juniors) got a crack at them.

That's a pretty weak rule imo. I think the students bring the majority of the noise and intensity to the crowd.

When does the rule that you have to have actually attended the school to get a ticket to that game go into affect?

These are student tickets.. so you have to be a student to get them... plus it's a matter of seniority and not actually academic advancement..

Anyways, I've heard this rule has been implemented since the 70's for away games...

These are student tickets.. so you have to be a student to get them... plus it's a matter of seniority and not actually academic advancement..

Anyways, I've heard this rule has been implemented since the 70's for away games...

I would put my money on that it was created due to the David Irons bottle incident.

I would put my money on that it was created due to the David Irons bottle incident.

i don't know if i would say it was created solely due to that incident, but it would help cut down on some of the more undisciplined folks so hopefully crap like that doesn't happen again.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I heard it was to keep the Jesuit High School players and the New England Patriots out of the student section.

I heard it was to keep the Jesuit High School players and the New England Patriots out of the student section.

They're universally known for throwing bottles from the stands. Everybody loves em'.

you're going to have to provide proof of that, sir. ;)

Archived