Saban's Practice Q n A with reporters

merkuree

You expected this from "The Tuna" or "Bob Knight" and others that EARNED the right to be this arrogant and spoiled.....but if Nick Saban believes that his behavior will just be accepted as "well, that's just Nick" on a weekly basis, he's mistaken...

There's going to be a touuuuuugh time ahead for this guy, bama and the media.

200px-John_Bunnell.JPG

Sheriff John Bunnell has a thirty minute slot open for:

College Sport's Most Shocking Media & Relationship Crashes!

Next on Spike!

What a jerk. As soon as he makes his first bone head decision that costs Bammer a win... $#its gonna hit the fan. Its gonna be fun to watch. It'll happen within the first month....

So, I'm going to say it again.......there really...... isn't....... a....... depth chart

I guess four million doesn't buy a depth chart?

It is hard to play corner when you can't run fast.

Words of wisdom from Saban

Is it just me or does he look HIGHLY Uncomfortable. If he is supposed to be this great and wonderful Head Coach, then why the hell is he Dancing Around while at the podium. He has ALL of the bammer nation believing that he is smart... I'm here to tell you, the man is a dumbass. BG, Bamaperry, RWS, and all of the other bammer fans on this site, if you guys can honestly listen to these words of your "$avior" and watch his body language. If you can do all of that, and I know it is a lot, tell me where does this, "Oh, he's a genius in everything that he does, he even wrote a book about it, he's well worth his $32 Million," come from?

Is it just me or does he look HIGHLY Uncomfortable. If he is supposed to be this great and wonderful Head Coach, then why the hell is he Dancing Around while at the podium. He has ALL of the bammer nation believing that he is smart... I'm here to tell you, the man is a dumbass. BG, Bamaperry, RWS, and all of the other bammer fans on this site, if you guys can honestly listen to these words of your "$avior" and watch his body language. If you can do all of that, and I know it is a lot, tell me where does this, "Oh, he's a genius in everything that he does, he even wrote a book about it, he's well worth his $32 Million," come from?

well when you marry for money or looks the ugly usually comes out under pressure or when things don't go well. He has been able to act up until this point. After the season starts the true nicky will be revealed.

I expect him to snap at one of the powers-that-be or an important Red Elephant/booster one day soon and when he does his days are numbered. That'll be a bigger screw up than getting testy with the press, IMO, the way things work at UAT.

Still, making enemies of the press is never a smart move. Once again, he shows a total lack of PR savvy.

Looks like Tommy just quoted him and not try to give any insight. Let the sidewalk alumni try and figure out the reasoning of the tricky nicky own their own.

al.com

No depth chart for UA's Saban

Alabama coach interested only in evaluating players

Sunday, August 05, 2007

By TOMMY HICKS

Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA -- Today, when thousands of fans arrive at Bryant-Denny Stadium to take part in Alabama's football Fan Day, they likely will be provided a roster so they will be able to identify the players.

Following Saturday's press conference with first-year coach Nick Saban, there is one thing for certain the fans will not find today: a depth chart.

According to Saban, when the Crimson Tide takes to the field today for its third preseason practice session, there is no first or second team, only players being evaluated.

"There really isn't a depth chart, so you're misrepresenting our team when you make an issue of that," Saban said prior to Saturday's two-hour workout at the Sewell-Thomas practice fields. "Does that make any sense to anyone except me? And is it that difficult to understand?

"Practice is to improve and that's what we're trying to do with our practice."

Saban said player development is the key at this point of preseason workouts and what group a player may practices with or how players are divided on the field right now is of no significance.

"Once we get into the season we've got to practice players who are going to play and that has something to do with the depth chart," Saban said, emphasizing right now is not that time.

The emphasis became an issue, at least in Saban's view, because of news reports of the team's first day of workouts, which featured some veteran players working out with a group of newcomers. Instead, the coach said, the groupings had no bearing at all.

"The emphasis is on player development -- especially with the young players on the team -- and to try to be able to give them an opportunity so we (coaches) can make some judgment and assessment if they're someone who can help our team," Saban said.

He said the experienced players placed in each of the groups for Friday's first practice were placed there "to help create an example" for what is expected.

Saturday's second day of practice again took place under hot, humid conditions, with the heat index hitting 105. The players worked out in helmets, shoulder pads and shorts.

In terms of conditioning, Saban said he is pleased with the progress.

"Seventy-five percent of the players passed our conditioning test," Saban said, "and those who didn't, the majority of them were right on the edge."

He attributed the progress to a strong strength and conditioning program initiated over the summer months.

"We're getting closer to the standard we would like," he added. "Every player has improved in some area."

Asked what condition the team was in when he and his staff took over the program, Saban pointed out he wasn't making comparisons.

"I didn't say it was bad," he said, "I said it improved. ... For each individual player, (the improvement) was different."

Has anyone else noticed that when "slick nick" is behind the podium or just talking to the media that he never makes eye contact with the camera or with the person asking the question? His face turns side to side and up and down and he never looks at the same spot for more than a second. He looks like a bobble head doll with all that head movement. I have never trusted anyone that will not look me in the eye when he/she is talking to me. This may get fun real quick.

There IS no depth chart. So when you write about a depth chart, you're misrepresenting our team. Does everybody understand that or do I have to tell it to you again?

Oh Nicky, one should never pick a fight with folks who buy ink by the barrel, or their blank tapes by the case.

/with apologies to whoever came up with that line

That reminds me of a line from one of my Favorite Movies "Office Space".......

"God, don't you guys get it, I.. I.. I.. deal with the people... I'M A.. A.. A.. PEOPLE PERSON... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!"

"God, don't you guys get it, I.. I.. I.. deal with the people... I'M A.. A.. A.. PEOPLE PERSON... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!"

Saban's UAT workout:

537378924_fc5c056e02.jpg?v=0

Saban's UAT workout:

537378924_fc5c056e02.jpg?v=0

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: That must be how Andre Smith lost 35lbs and Still Weights close to 350lbs.

Archived