Fulmer does it again!

PChamp119

Lifts Coker's Suspension

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Fulmer did this a year or two ago. He has players get in trouble before the season starts (during the off season is the case I am thinking about), he "suspends them" only to have them return like two weeks later - a.k.a. they didn't miss a single game during their suspension. This is worse, since the situation I am referring to, the player didn't even miss practice - but still.

For note, Coker will not be going to the Cal game, but it was more due to the fact that he hasn't practiced.

I remember Max Howell reporting when Coker was first suspended, that Fulmer said he wasn't ruling out his return for the first game. Fulmer is one of the coaches on the hot seat, which kind of amazes me. That's indicative of the way college sports have evolved and why coaches now are under so much scrutiny and pressure. So, the bottom line is he's going to do whatever is necessary to win ball games.

Maybe he should just give him an ice cream cone or make him a member of some sort of discipline group or......WWsabear do?

I remember Max Howell reporting when Coker was first suspended, that Fulmer said he wasn't ruling out his return for the first game. Fulmer is one of the coaches on the hot seat, which kind of amazes me. That's indicative of the way college sports have evolved and why coaches now are under so much scrutiny and pressure. So, the bottom line is he's going to do whatever is necessary to win ball games.

1998 was a long time ago.

I know. It's just that I grew up in a time (46 makes me old enough to remember the "Good ole days" B) ) when as long as you were winning, you were THE coach of that program. If Fulmer had the same record even 20-25 years ago, you'd never hear the words "Hot seat" associated with his name. He's had what, one bad season in his tenure at UT? Granted, he hasn't won a championship in a while but it used to be that a record like his would keep you at most schools for a lifetime. Since college has become such big business, it's win big now or hit the door.

Not very happy to hear this news because I like Fulmer but what did Coker do to get the suspension in the first place?

Failed his 3rd drug test in less than one year.

Maybe with all the attention & bobo honking St. Nick has been getting lately, Phil just wanted to remind the world that he was every bit Saban's equal in some things? :rolleyes::poke:

1992 was even longer ago. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

1992 was even longer ago. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Alabama has won an SEC title since UT's last.

Nice try though.

Maybe with all the attention & bobo honking St. Nick has been getting lately, Phil just wanted to remind the world that he was every bit Saban's equal in some things? :rolleyes::poke:

Now THAT is FUNNY!....and true......

Archived