College Football Fan rules

HuskerfaninOkieland

Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of Rule #9:

9. You are allowed to root freely against the following schools for no specific reasons: Notre Dame; Notre Dame in their puke-green jerseys; Notre Dame when playing on "Triumph of the Will"-shaming propaganda house organ NBC; USC; any school that plays its fight song approximately 4,387 times per game like USC; Michigan; Miami; Ohio State; any school like Ohio State with a pretentious "the" in front of its name, because otherwise how would we know which Ohio State university they were talking about?; any school coached by Steve Spurrier; any school coached by Nick Saban.

Rules for College Football Fans to live by

Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of Rule #9:

9. You are allowed to root freely against the following schools for no specific reasons: Notre Dame; Notre Dame in their puke-green jerseys; Notre Dame when playing on "Triumph of the Will"-shaming propaganda house organ NBC; USC; any school that plays its fight song approximately 4,387 times per game like USC; Michigan; Miami; Ohio State; any school like Ohio State with a pretentious "the" in front of its name, because otherwise how would we know which Ohio State university they were talking about?; any school coached by Steve Spurrier; any school coached by Nick Saban.

Rules for College Football Fans to live by

Thanks for that. It was a great article.

II. ATTIRE, OR WHAT TO WEAR

10. Please observe the following age limits on male attire:

• 25-and-under: Team jersey or shirtless (body paint mandatory)

• 26-35: T-shirt, jersey, shirtless if you work out at least three times per week and/or have a BMI reading of less than "morbidly obese"

• 36-50: Polo shirt

• 51-75: Sweater vest with polo shirt underneath; sweatshirt from bowl victory two decades ago

• 75-over: Shirtless, alcoholic steam rising from graying chest hair

pg2_lsufan_275.jpg

Priceless........

27. You are allowed to start tailgating six hours before kickoff.

If it's an 11:30 game, understandable. Unless it's a continuation of Friday night in which case this rule doesn't apply. If it's an evening kickoff then tailgating should commence no later than 8am. Six hours before kickoff??? Pppffff....

27a. If you want to remember the game, do not drink heavily during those six hours.

Ok, how about I drink heavily one hour before kickoff? Yes? Sweet. I'm reminded of power hour with some LSU students last year using nothing but Jack Daniels... and I can clearly remember BC getting hurt, thank you very much.

27b. Four hours of drinking is more reasonable.

Pppfff, lightweight. This guy must have grown up a Quaker.

31. You must leave your tailgate at least 20 minutes before kickoff and be in your seat for the national anthem.

Agreed unless you're an Auburn fan and you have to be there a little earlier for obvious reasons.

31a. Unless you're getting digits.

Only if you're sober. Don't miss the eagle fly because you were drunk and getting the digits of some land barge. I'm looking at you Steve!!

33. When arguing with fans from another conference, you are allowed to cite the accomplishments of rival schools within your conference.

Except Alabama. That's like talking trash to a Frenchman citing colonial victories in the French & Indian War.

41. Observe the following statutes of limitations:

(a) Bragging about national title: 25 years

Impossible to enforce. Godspeed.

43. You must always overestimate the strength of your favorite team's conference.

When yankees agree with my estimations is it really an overestimation? I think not.

48. If you root for an SEC school Alabama, you are not allowed to act sanctimonious when a rival conference program is busted for academic fraud, dirty recruiting or any other NCAA rules violation. Instead, give thanks for your see-no-evil compliance department.

Fixed that.

Pppffff....

I see you have been to Seoul, Korea as well.

Nah, not a big fan of General Tso's Canine.

You can get a clarification on that from Wes, Chad, Taylor, or Brad.

Pppffff....

You can get a clarification on that from Wes, Chad, Taylor, or Brad.

I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. Thought maybe you forgot to take your meds this morning or something...

I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. Thought maybe you forgot to take your meds this morning or something...

Nah took them. Just time for a dosage adjustment!

Pppffff....

Is that what it's called? I was thinking something along the lines of Pupu Platter. :roflol:

22. You must be willing and able to sing the school fight song at any moment, in any location, under any circumstances.

This alone disqualifies 99.9% of the uaters.

Archived