Blame the refs all you want

BamaGrad03

Lost in the shuffle was Arkansas' decision to pass on third down when Alabama had used their final timeout. About 35-40 seconds would have been used up (assuming the play stayed inbounds) between the respotting of the ball and the 25-second clock.

That time was critical at the end of the game, obviously.

Two things:

We had to drive 75 yards with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts.

Arkansas had 53 rushing attempts and 300 rushing yards, with ZERO holding calls.

no no no...... bama fans blame refs for auburn victories, we just get pissed you guys won. We don't come on here and talk about home cookin and how much you paid the refs for that last pass interference call in the endzone. Congratulations, it must be nice to have a team that plays to their ability.

Two things:

Arkansas had 53 rushing attempts and 300 rushing yards, with ZERO holding calls.

McFadden doesn't need anyone to hold for him, he just runs through or over the DL anyway...

Two things:

Congratulations, it must be nice to have a team that plays to their ability.

Thanks for the compliment, even if it was sarcastic.

Some complain about the Pass Interference call on that last drive on 3rd down in the endzone....I thought it was PI but apparently I am one of the few

If that was PI in the end zone then every DB in the country needs to give up and go home. He covered him as close as you possibly can without interfering with his movements. But seeing as how they missed the earlier one Arkansas cannot point to that one as the reason they lost; they only have themselves to blame for not running the clock down to well under 2 minutes. That would have changed everything on the last drive; 'Bama would have been trying much higher-risk long throws where Arkansas almost certainly would have gotten a sack and put the game away.

Lost in the shuffle was Arkansas' decision to pass on third down when Alabama had used their final timeout. About 35-40 seconds would have been used up (assuming the play stayed inbounds) between the respotting of the ball and the 25-second clock.

That time was critical at the end of the game, obviously.

That was CLEARLY, the bonehead call of the game. Stupid is as stupid does.

:au::homer:

Throwing the ball on 3rd down was the call that lost the game. Huston Nutt failed to manage the clock and he gave them the ball with 2 minutes, when JPW had been throwing 40 yard passes all night.

Passing on 3rd down is easily the dumbest thing I've seen Houston Nutt do here, and that is a BOLD statement. I don't blame the refs, even though there were a few calls and things they did that could have gone our way and didn't. That happens. But not working the clock there is classic Houston Nutt football. Do the opposite of what the entire world is thinking you should do...

It just sucks that after being down by 21, our players didn't throw in the towel and quit and still lost. The defense forced a few turnovers and our offense (see Darren McFadden) cashed in with touchdowns. Pretty gutty effort. We put up 300 yards rushing last night against a pretty good defense. But if our defense keeps playing like that, we'll NEED to put up 40+ every week to have a chance.

Oh, and I challenge anyone who watched that game to tell me Darren McFadden is not the best player in college football. It's not even close. He may not win the Heisman because we may not win enough games, but he's the best out there. I just hope we don't run him into the ground before the season is done...

Even if Arky somehow manages to lose the rest of their games...if D Mac doesn't win the Heisman, it will be a disservice to college football.

That guy is beyond good. Next level good. He's incredible.

Even if Arky somehow manages to lose the rest of their games...if D Mac doesn't win the Heisman, it will be a disservice to college football.

That guy is beyond good. Next level good. He's incredible.

i can't tell you how much i hope he is giving some DC fits on Sundays next year. he's a freak; scary good.

Darren McFadden is the real thing! If he doesn't get the Heisman, something is terribly wrong with the world. If it wasn't for him, Arky wouldn't have come back. If he had played the last series, you all would have won. You will win more games!

McFadden is a beast, best running back in the SEC since Walker/Jackson. The PI call was a 50/50 call but the ref threw the flag so it is a penalty. Nutt is a world class MORON, that man has no clue what clock management is. The Hawgs were gutty but JPW was cold as ice at the end of the game. McFadden isn't going to win the Heisman, Booty at USC already has the shelf space cleared.

McFadden is a beast, best running back in the SEC since Walker/Jackson. The PI call was a 50/50 call but the ref threw the flag so it is a penalty. Nutt is a world class MORON, that man has no clue what clock management is. The Hawgs were gutty but JPW was cold as ice at the end of the game. McFadden isn't going to win the Heisman, Booty at USC already has the shelf space cleared.

Why? Because he goes to USC. McFadden is better.

Why? Because he goes to USC. McFadden is better.

We all know D-Mac is better, but unfortunately we don't vote and the morons in the media will do everything they can to get it to Booty. Arky will have to be playing in the SECCG and a BCS game probably to et him enough exposure. D-Mac is for sure better than anyone else in the country, that is saying a lot b/c Slaton is electrifying!!! D-Mac is so strong, and doesn't look as fast but when he hits the corner he can scoot. He will be in the NFL next year!! No senior season for him.

In regards to the pass call by Nutt, you are all right is was stupid. Not to mention the dropping into a prevent D when bama got the ball back. The Arky D had somewhat slowed them down after getting out of the man to man. I think at first they even went back to that at the beginning of the drive?

Bama beat the Hawgs plain and simple. Arky should never have been in a position to let a call matter. They were having to play catch up all night after getting beyotch slapped for 3 quarters. The PI was 50/50 as someone said earlier, but to be fair, they missed an obvious one the play before.

Refs didn't win or lose this game for either team. Just a great SEC matchup.

I was being sarcastic about Booty earlier. I'm sick of ESPN drooling over which over schmuck is playing qb for the Trojans. Booty is no where near the level of Leinert or Palmer.

Archived