Kodi Burns is the best player on AU's Roster

Wishbone

Face it...He's by far the best athlete we have seen this year. He scrambles like a cross between spiderman and Houdini. He runs through traffic with wreckless abandon. MSU had 8-9 guys in the box everyplay, knew Kodi was going to run, and He was still gaining 4-10 yards a pop. Kodi is clearly the best runner we have on our team. I think the only reason he quit running at the end is because he was worn out after 22 carries out of the power option and being hit on EVERY play HARD by MSU. He also showed he threw a pretty pass although the timing was a little off on the screens. I toss that up to him being on the scout team before this past week.

Another thing, it seems his ability alone opened up oportunities for the other RB's because the O-Line had a much easier time blocking on the power option out of the shotgun.

THEREFORE, since this OL is going to give Cox no chance to be successful this year. I say we mitigate the OL troubles and go to a shotgun, option/spread offense the rest of the year.

Face it...He's by far the best athlete we have seen this year. He scrambles like a cross between spiderman and Houdini. He runs through traffic with wreckless abandon. MSU had 8-9 guys in the box everyplay, knew Kodi was going to run, and He was still gaining 4-10 yards a pop. Kodi is clearly the best runner we have on our team. I think the only reason he quit running at the end is because he was worn out after 22 carries out of the power option and being hit on EVERY play HARD by MSU. He also showed he threw a pretty pass although the timing was a little off on the screens. I toss that up to him being on the scout team before this past week.

Another thing, it seems his ability alone opened up oportunities for the other RB's because the O-Line had a much easier time blocking on the power option out of the shotgun.

THEREFORE, since this OL is going to give Cox no chance to be successful this year. I say we mitigate the OL troubles and go to a shotgun, option/spread offense the rest of the year.

Quentin Groves.

Unless you want to hang it up and start playing for next year Burns is not the whole answer. BC can and will win several games this year if given the chance. Burns is a great change of pace and can help us, but we will not win any big games with a true freshman who still knows little of the playbook

Quentin Groves.

I wouldn't say Groves because he isn't a complete player in terms of being a run stopper.

Quentin Groves.

I wouldn't say Groves because he isn't a complete player in terms of being a run stopper.

Oh yeah you're right. Kodi Burns is way better than him.

Unless you want to hang it up and start playing for next year Burns is not the whole answer. BC can and will win several games this year if given the chance. Burns is a great change of pace and can help us, but we will not win any big games with a true freshman who still knows little of the playbook

I thnk two weeks ago this might have been true. But as of right now we ARE playing for next year. This season ended with the last seconds of the MSU game. Kodi gives us a better chance to win right now. As stated he can run to avoid the rush and can get the ball to the recivers. The only thing that stopped him last week was the recivers and tight ends dropping the ball.

And the fact our coaching staff seems unable to prepare a back up QB.

He had 5-6 plays in his head. Why? If you plan on burning a redshirt on a kid, why not teach him more than some gadget plays?

I still think Burns is our guy next year so time to get him field experience playing football in the tough venues this year.

Let me get this straigth.You want to take a true freshman quarterback,throw him into Gainsville,Baton Rouge,Fayettville,and Athens?Well your right,he will either shine or you'll destroy the *&$ out of him.

The problem is, he's going to lose a whole lot more than he's going to win. Did you see the last throw of the game? 10 yards from ANYBODY.

Let me get this straigth.You want to take a true freshman quarterback,throw him into Gainsville,Baton Rouge,Fayettville,and Athens?Well your right,he will either shine or you'll destroy the *&$ out of him.

Yes.

Jason didn't start as a true freshman but he was thrown into the fire early, anyone remember the Syracuse game, against Dwight Freeney?

image01.jpg

Now look how poised and professional Jason is, one of the best I have seen in the NFL this year...

PH2006111301493.jpg

Exactly, for anyone who is old enough to remember the name, can you say KEN HOBBY?

I can't explain how sick I am of this BC gives us the best chance to win BS. Brandon couldn't win against inferior opponents, but you think he'll do well against UF, LSU, and UGA. In one half KB scored the same number of TDs as BC did in 2 and 1/2 games. With 5 less interceptions btw. The line blocks better, opens more holes for running backs and gives us a spark.

Everyone says we can't throw a freshman into a stressful situation like UF. Sure we can, KB seemed more poised than BC does. BC is scared and throwing off his back foot. Oh, and someone mentioned our line? Great point, guess who knows how to scramble?

KB gives us the best chance to win now, and in the future. Let BC become a mentor.

I thnk two weeks ago this might have been true. But as of right now we ARE playing for next year. This season ended with the last seconds of the MSU game. Kodi gives us a better chance to win right now. As stated he can run to avoid the rush and can get the ball to the recivers. The only thing that stopped him last week was the recivers and tight ends dropping the ball.

Albeit a longshot for us based on current performance, I can point out many SECCG teams over the years that thought they were out after an early or unexpected conference/division loss yet they made it to that game because they hung in there and someone else went down later in the season. I've seen enough from our team over CTT's tenure to know that he doesn't teach our boys to give up after 1 conference loss-no matter how unexpected or disheartening it may have been. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Maybe BC wouldn't have been pulled if some of his passes had been caught too?? Kodi didn't throw more than what he did for a reason-yes, I'm sure because he can run like the wind, but also because he's not progressed or experienced enough to put him in that type of situation yet. Missed checks, underthrown/floating passes, and our own coaches hesitance to let him throw more will signal our opponents to pin their ears back, load the box and force him to either throw it or out run 8-9 SEC Caliber Defenders. If we do that against :uf::lsu::uga: we're dead and/or Burns might get hurt. His gut desire to win and youthful inexperience will show in poor decision making-it's a trademark for the young unlearned QB in the SEC-even the one's that go on to be great. Yes, great things and great games will be seen if Kodi starts/plays from here on out, but the game killing mistakes will be made too and I hope we don't eat him up ala BC when they do. Either way I'll be cheering my A$$ off for him, BC, Caudle, Fields, or the damn water boy if he's QB'ing.

I'm pro :au: winning so I'm up for anything-just beware the greener grass as it may hide larger piles of poo

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

His gut desire to win and youthful inexperience will show in poor decision making-it's a trademark for the young unlearned QB in the SEC-even the one's that go on to be great

Liked almost all of the post except the part above. From what I have seen it has been BC that has tried to force things that weren't there, but as I watched the replay, in the few times he didn't have anything he simply tucked it in and ran for what he could, which was usually 3 or four yards. He even ran out of bounds for no gain once. That is something that a lot of senior qb's have trouble with and he did great his first time.

Ya, it isnt like he has beat UGA at UGA before....

Sorry, my bad, I was talking about the present, not the past where it was a different Brandon Cox. But hey, while you are pulling up the past that really doesn't apply to now, how is T-Town?

Geeze... some of y'all make me sick.

Yes, Kodi is a playmaker. Secondly, Brandon is our best quarterback.

I see alot of armchair qbs out there, not enough logic. Although, one may counter this with his performance in the last 2-3 games. Then again, one may also forget the past games Cox has played in before this season so hastily right?

This is why we talk on message boards and the coaches get paid the big bucks. Don't get me wrong... I hate the play Cox has had recently, but almost as much as we've sat here wanting the "future" so blindly.

Let's rely on a freshman qb who is given a read run every play. That'll win the ballgames Cox has done over and over again for us right? I love Kodi, and he gives us some explosion... but no one in that stadium expected him to enter that field as soon as he did... and when he did, seemed like MSU caught on in just enough time over the length of the game.

Food for thought.

I think Borges is going to come up with something for both QB's despite his lack of desire to really invoke such a system. Perhaps a wishbone or spread-type offense is in the works? Who know's. We need to come up with some stuff that takes advantage of both QB's abilities, even if it requires redoing over half the existing playbook. By the way...I don't know about you but I thought Brandon's 12 yard 1st down run was sweet! We will be fine and if we get our stuff together, we can beat anyone we play. Our teams overall talent is not even a question. Maybe Cox will have a good day against NMSU and it will boost his confidence. By the way, Burn is a great athlete and I agree with him being potentially the most gifted player on our team. I am also excited to see that DeRon Furr is interested in AU. He's similar to Kodi but bigger and can pass/run quite well. Let's support our QB's regardless of how they play. Being a QB is not easy. I can't do it. I think if we cheer for Cox when he get's on that field it will erase some of those boos from last week and provide a little boost. When he's on, he's on. WAR DAMN EAGLE!! Let's get pissed off and kill NMSU. We need a big win this weekend.

Maybe BC wouldn't have been pulled if some of his passes had been caught too?? Kodi didn't throw more than what he did for a reason-yes, I'm sure because he can run like the wind, but also because he's not progressed or experienced enough to put him in that type of situation yet. Missed checks, underthrown/floating passes, and our own coaches hesitance to let him throw more will signal our opponents to pin their ears back, load the box and force him to either throw it or out run 8-9 SEC Caliber Defenders

I'm pro :au: winning so I'm up for anything-just beware the greener grass as it may hide larger piles of poo

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

The spinning is getting: :roflol:

game one: chalk it up for the defense

game 2: Defense kept AU in the game

game 3:

Kodi delivered...while others forgot about catching drills.

underthrown passes? ENTIRE season issue, but MAYBE only one of KB's..

U guys can say you support or are behind BC but the `underthrow'(was 4th down intentional grounding??),missed checks,etc actually applied to someone other than Kodi.

I support the guys but don't post misleading statements on what happened and what was commited by certain players- especially if they weren't the main ones doing it. :poke:

Maybe BC wouldn't have been pulled if some of his passes had been caught too?? Kodi didn't throw more than what he did for a reason-yes, I'm sure because he can run like the wind, but also because he's not progressed or experienced enough to put him in that type of situation yet. Missed checks, underthrown/floating passes, and our own coaches hesitance to let him throw more will signal our opponents to pin their ears back, load the box and force him to either throw it or out run 8-9 SEC Caliber Defenders

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

The spinning is getting: :roflol:

game one: chalk it up for the defense

game 2: Defense kept AU in the game

game 3:

Kodi delivered...while others forgot about catching drills.

underthrown passes? ENTIRE season issue, but MAYBE only one of KB's..

U guys can say you support or are behind BC but the `underthrow'(was 4th down intentional grounding??),missed checks,etc actually applied to someone other than Kodi.

I support the guys but don't post misleading statements on what happened and what was commited by certain players- especially if they weren't the main ones doing it. :poke:

Notice the bold in my original post-CTT and CAB both commented on him missing reads, the afore mentioned "underthrown" passes referred to velocity and not whether they hit the dirt/were too low. For examples of "underthrown" velocity please recall the two screens to KB's right where the pass took too long to get to the runner(Tate I believe) and resulted in no gain/loss. KB was playing high school FB this time last year-you think he's not going to show his inexperience again sooner or later??

I also stated that I think Kodi will do great things which he did and will; along with bone head mistakes of youth which were there and will be there again. With that being said-Please call me a realist. I'm no more of a KB doubter than I am a BC loyalist as they both have very obvious upside and downside potential. Anyone that gets AU a win at QB works just fine for me. Yes, Kodi delivered but doing great in a couple of quarters against MSU is a long way from making him our saving grace at QB-I need to see many more games before that moniker applies. Yes, Cox has been terrible but there are way too many surrounding issues that have potentially contributed to his down play to write him off for good-I need to see one to two more games before I jump on either of the "KB 4 QB" or "Bench BC" bandwagons.

Just my $.02

Archived