Did I mention that I hate Notre Dame?

sntemp

to blame Tyrone Willingham for their 0-5 start?

"The facts are evident. This is one of the worst Notre Dame teams in recent memory and the talent level in South Bend is not what it used to be or should be. Some blame Charlie Weis because he's the guy on the sidelines, but look deeper. The depth problems left over from the Willingham era continue to rear their ugly head."

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=722276

So to get this straight, Weiss wins for two years with Willingham recruits and loses in the third year with a mix of Willingham and Weiss recruits and somehow it's Willinghams fault.

See I don't understand why everyone is saying there is no depth and no talent.

ND Recruiting Rankings -

2002 - 24th

2003 - 12th

2004 - 32nd (only signed 18)

2005 - 40th (only signed 15)

2006 - 8th

2007 - 8th

They have a whooooole lot more talent on that team than they are willing to admit. They just can't do anything with it.

See I don't understand why everyone is saying there is no depth and no talent.

ND Recruiting Rankings -

2002 - 24th

2003 - 12th

2004 - 32nd (only signed 18)

2005 - 40th (only signed 15)

2006 - 8th

2007 - 8th

They have a whooooole lot more talent on that team than they are willing to admit. They just can't do anything with it.

Inflated recruiting rankings or like you said, Weiss can't coach them up. And just think ND is paying 3.5 mil a year for this. :roflol::roflol:

Did you get those from Rivals? If so, you can subtract off about 5-10 places just for Rivals errors and favors.

"The facts are evident. This is one of the worst Notre Dame teams in recent memory and the talent level in South Bend is not what it used to be or should be. Some blame Charlie Weis because he's the guy on the sidelines, but look deeper. The depth problems left over from the Willingham era continue to rear their ugly head."

So to get this straight, Weiss wins for two years with Willingham recruits and loses in the third year with a mix of Willingham and Weiss recruits and somehow it's Willinghams fault.

Hmmmm...can you think of any other school that blames its previous coach for its losses? (Hint: it's in Tuscalooser).

Hmmmm...can you think of any other school that blames its previous coach for its losses? (Hint: it's in Tuscalooser).

...or else a conspiracy led by Phillip Fulmer :rolleyes:

If he truly has had that good of recruiting classes the past two years, he has Freshman and Sophomore talent among the best in the country. And it's not like they have this hard-as-nails schedule. Yet, they may not win a single game this season. This is just poor coaching no matter how you spin it.

But let's be realistic here. Notre Dame just sucks. We have all been saying it for YEARS. It's not 1973 anymore. They last won a bowl game in 1994!!! And the only reason they went to bowls at all for a lot of those years was their stupid BCS contract.

Even if this IS Tyrone Willingham's fault, only a man of low character would point fingers instead of taking the blame for his program on himself.

I really like Willingham and I really liked him when he was at ND. I think he brought a lot of class and respect to the program. I think firing him was the stupidest thing to do. Now I want Washington to win as many games and possible and ND to lose out just to stick it to them.

I really like Willingham and I really liked him when he was at ND. I think he brought a lot of class and respect to the program. I think firing him was the stupidest thing to do. Now I want Washington to win as many games and possible and ND to lose out just to stick it to them.

Ditto...

Archived