A Good Read about Les Miles

AU alum

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/ksp11...ment_to_the_SEC

Les Miles is an Embarrassment to the SEC

Something stinks about the ongoing Les Miles saga. Something stinks real bad. Rotten, like the ongoing behavior of many of the coaches in college football’s SEC conference. What’s that, you don’t know who I’m talking about?

Nick Saban… staying with the Miami Dolphins. Try ‘Bama. Houston Nutt, here’s a contract extension… no thanks, Ole Miss works for me. Bobby Petrino, welcome to the SEC. You’ll fit right in, judging by the fast one you pulled on Arthur Blank and the Atlanta Falcons.

Les Miles… no we didn’t forget about you. You’re the cream of the SEC crop. After all, you already bailed on Oklahoma State to take over the LSU job once Saban departed. Now, this.

Les Miles, you’re a moth. While your program, its players, and its fans sit in anticipation of the BCS National Championship, you continue to chew the life right out of Bayou country. You continue to be attracted to the flame that is the Michigan Wolverines, the famed college football program that you once played at… you once had an assistant job there. Oh, how you wish you could be covered in maize and blue again.

Yet, you think you have the world fooled. Not all of us, however. Not me.

What’s that you say, Les? You were just talking to the Michigan the other day? You wanted to help another powerhouse program pick out a great new coach? What did the AD at LSU think about that?

Les, here you are, trying to get your team ready for the BCS game, telling everyone you are busy recruiting for LSU. Can you please explain why you feel it is your duty to help Michigan find a head coach? Is this your priority? Isn’t that what the AD is hired at Michigan to do? The only way it would be a priority is if you were the head coach and were helping them find you an assistant coach. Now that makes sense.

Les Miles has once again proven that his priorities are not with getting his team ready for the BCS National Championship game. One could say that he has tried to avoid distractions on his team, but his actions contradict the very source of his ire with the media....again.

But back to Les' statements to the press. He is not a candidate for the Michigan job. Yeah, we’ve heard that one before. Maybe because the position has been filled? Let's really take a clear look at the contract Miles recently signed with LSU.

You didn’t receive a raise, except for that small boost you got for winning the SEC Championship. Your .846 winning percentage in three years at LSU (Saban was at .750) simply wasn’t good enough to earn a substantial raise? Hmm, OK… you did get a nice bonus of around three quarters of a mil, but that only kicks in if you win this year’s BCS game. That would put you along a similar plane as the other top coaches in the NCAA, but again, only if you win the National Championship? Really, Les?

Maybe LSU should put in an additional clause that kicks into gear if you can win an overtime game. What do you say Les?

Would you personally sign a new contract that features a 50/50 shot of having the same salary as your previous one? Perhaps… if you did a poor job. How about if you led a college football program to back-to-back-to-back 11-2 records, including a berth in the National Championship game? Do you really think your ego would allow for the same pay, or would you instead be putting up a smokescreen to help avoid any additional distractions for your current program? It all adds up to a perfect reason for Miles to bolt for Michigan, especially if LSU doesn’t win.

Let’s be clear here...if Les is bailing to Michigan after the BCS game, then everything makes sense. If Miles really is staying at LSU, then his actions, when measured on the “College Football Graph of Stupidity”, are simply off the charts. If I were Les Miles, and really staying at LSU, I think I would have stopped talking to Michigan considering the first sampling of rumors that took over the sports world. Fueling more rumors, making more distractions for the team is really about as ridiculous as it gets. Would someone at LSU please keep him from taking the “stupid pills”, at least until mid-January!

Does anyone else think something’s fishy down there in Bayou country? C’mon now, with the “Head Coaching Carousel” that we have witnessed in sports over the past few years, you can’t possibly tell me that you have fallen into this little trap set by Les Miles? Something’s definitely fishy, and that ain’t crawfish you’re smellin’…

and that ain’t crawfish you’re smellin’…

Has nobody shown this guy the corndog story?

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/ksp11...ment_to_the_SEC

Les Miles is an Embarrassment to the SEC

Something stinks about the ongoing Les Miles saga. Something stinks real bad. Rotten, like the ongoing behavior of many of the coaches in college football’s SEC conference. What’s that, you don’t know who I’m talking about?

Nick Saban… staying with the Miami Dolphins. Try ‘Bama. Houston Nutt, here’s a contract extension… no thanks, Ole Miss works for me. Bobby Petrino, welcome to the SEC. You’ll fit right in, judging by the fast one you pulled on Arthur Blank and the Atlanta Falcons.

Les Miles… no we didn’t forget about you. You’re the cream of the SEC crop. After all, you already bailed on Oklahoma State to take over the LSU job once Saban departed. Now, this.

Les Miles, you’re a moth. While your program, its players, and its fans sit in anticipation of the BCS National Championship, you continue to chew the life right out of Bayou country. You continue to be attracted to the flame that is the Michigan Wolverines, the famed college football program that you once played at… you once had an assistant job there. Oh, how you wish you could be covered in maize and blue again.

Yet, you think you have the world fooled. Not all of us, however. Not me.

What’s that you say, Les? You were just talking to the Michigan the other day? You wanted to help another powerhouse program pick out a great new coach? What did the AD at LSU think about that?

Les, here you are, trying to get your team ready for the BCS game, telling everyone you are busy recruiting for LSU. Can you please explain why you feel it is your duty to help Michigan find a head coach? Is this your priority? Isn’t that what the AD is hired at Michigan to do? The only way it would be a priority is if you were the head coach and were helping them find you an assistant coach. Now that makes sense.

Les Miles has once again proven that his priorities are not with getting his team ready for the BCS National Championship game. One could say that he has tried to avoid distractions on his team, but his actions contradict the very source of his ire with the media....again.

But back to Les' statements to the press. He is not a candidate for the Michigan job. Yeah, we’ve heard that one before. Maybe because the position has been filled? Let's really take a clear look at the contract Miles recently signed with LSU.

You didn’t receive a raise, except for that small boost you got for winning the SEC Championship. Your .846 winning percentage in three years at LSU (Saban was at .750) simply wasn’t good enough to earn a substantial raise? Hmm, OK… you did get a nice bonus of around three quarters of a mil, but that only kicks in if you win this year’s BCS game. That would put you along a similar plane as the other top coaches in the NCAA, but again, only if you win the National Championship? Really, Les?

Maybe LSU should put in an additional clause that kicks into gear if you can win an overtime game. What do you say Les?

Would you personally sign a new contract that features a 50/50 shot of having the same salary as your previous one? Perhaps… if you did a poor job. How about if you led a college football program to back-to-back-to-back 11-2 records, including a berth in the National Championship game? Do you really think your ego would allow for the same pay, or would you instead be putting up a smokescreen to help avoid any additional distractions for your current program? It all adds up to a perfect reason for Miles to bolt for Michigan, especially if LSU doesn’t win.

Let’s be clear here...if Les is bailing to Michigan after the BCS game, then everything makes sense. If Miles really is staying at LSU, then his actions, when measured on the “College Football Graph of Stupidity”, are simply off the charts. If I were Les Miles, and really staying at LSU, I think I would have stopped talking to Michigan considering the first sampling of rumors that took over the sports world. Fueling more rumors, making more distractions for the team is really about as ridiculous as it gets. Would someone at LSU please keep him from taking the “stupid pills”, at least until mid-January!

Does anyone else think something’s fishy down there in Bayou country? C’mon now, with the “Head Coaching Carousel” that we have witnessed in sports over the past few years, you can’t possibly tell me that you have fallen into this little trap set by Les Miles? Something’s definitely fishy, and that ain’t crawfish you’re smellin’…

I personally am getting tired of this conversation. I am not trying to take up for him or maybe I am, guess that's your decision. The only reason you keep hearing about this is because the media won't let it die. If he was going to to be the coach at Michigan wouldn't he have already taken it. I mean he is at a good school with a good team, he is well paid and already signed an extension. I just don't see him leaving but apparently all of the media does, that is until another dead horse comes along and they can beat the hell out of that one too!!!!!!

But who knows, maybe I am wrong. You know if it happens then it happens. And if it does then let him have it then and bash him all you want. I just don't understand why they can't call the dogs off a "what if story" when there are clearly better stories that are actually happening at the moment.

Archived