UAs Potential

ACL11190

AU fans claim that Alabama is a program of the past but i want you to consider this. When a proven coach stays at UA for 5+ years lets see what has happened.

Gene Stallings becomes Alabama coach (keep in mind that Florida was the team of the 90s, but Alabama was a very good team all through to 90s also)

1990: 7-5 (5-2)

1991:11-1 (6-1)

1992:13-0 (8-0) (National Championship)

1993:8-2 (start of probation due to a UA player contacting an NFL agent) (UA had to forfeit 8 wins and 1 tie due to Langham being on the field) (No post Season Play Due to probation)

1994: 12-1 (Lost to Florida for a chance at SEC Championship and another NC)

1995:8-3 (had to forfeit 2 games)

1996:10-3

Stallings Era: 62-15 (62-25 with forfeits added)

Other Notes: Alabama finished 1st in the SEC West in 1991,1992,1994,1995*,1996-tie

Alabama only lost 10 SEC games in 6 years under Stallings

Every Alabama coach since bryant has had atleast one 10 win season (Mike Price excluded obviously)

--------------------------------------

Keep this in mind also:

Your facilities are only as big as the fan base. Alabamas facilities will continue to grow and grow because hell we could fill up a 150,000 stadium on gameday. In the long run fan bases are what keep a school on top, you might call our fans crazy but there are just so many that our facilities will be huge. Which will make recruits want to come to UA and why coaches want to come because there is so much potential here. This will probably piss alot of people off but i want to say what i honestly think, In 10 years Bryant Denny Stadium and Jordan Hare will be in completly different leagues. Mainly just because we will always be able to fill up our football stadium. Auburn has alot of fans but they will not be able to compete with our facilities in the long run. Do not get me wrong though Alabama and Auburn will always be a very very close rivalry, it always has and always will be. I doubt either team will ever take a 10+ lead in the series.

Sorry if i piss some people off but just wanted to post my side of it. I actually almost wish there was just one instate dominant football program. If all Auburn fans were all Alabama fans vise versa, then we could just grab all of the instate recruits to ourself and then either Auburn or Alabama whichever one existed would have one hell of a team.

I realize that you are new here, but this crap has been discussed before and uat is a has been program. Get used to it. It's what it is...

Obviously you are on crack. not to mention brainwashed. It's hilarious that you want to come here pimping uaT's facilities, yet it took uaT over 100 years to get their stadium larger than ours. We've had the larger stadium for decades until the recent addition at that cesspool you call BDS.

No coach will ever stay at uaT for 5+ years again. You also need to read your history books a little more....1995, uat didn't forfeit anything...they lost ON THE FIELD to Arkansas 20 -19, Tennessee( blow out) 41-14 and Auburn 31- 27.

Now, as far as posting "your side" of it....it's as delusional as the rest of your fan base, so, congrats on elevating the delusional (not to mention the arrogance and ignorance )flag(s) once again.

AU fans claim that Alabama is a program of the past

You realize 1996 was more than 10 years ago right?

When you keep sucking the fan base eventually disappears.

The USSR had a very large population. And their Army was very large and powerful back in the day also.

Hell, they could fill up their streets with soldiers during a parade. The Soviets had good men in uniform and had the latest in weapon technology and sheer numbers and they even had a lot of support during the Cold War from its citizens, for the most part.

It made a lot of people want to serve the "Mother Land."

There was a great deal of potential for the USSR, being a superpower and all.

In their military, they had great leaders and a good outlook with a proud past of hard fought battles some they won easily and some they shouldn't have been able to win.

The "Mother Land" also had great propoganda that was always lifting the spirits of their citizens.

Then a few generals and politicians got real greedy and everyone nearby and bordering the Soviets thought for sure that everything would be ok...

Until the rest of the world realized that they don't have leadership worth a damn and no one really wanted to be part of that goat cluster anymore. Mainly because there was so much corruption and the average female wasn't very good looking.

I mean, I know this pissed a lot of die hard comrades off, but when you have an outsiders point of view without the Hammer, Sickle, and Star glasses on, it sure is easy to see how really screwed up the Soviets were for a long time.

Sure, they are showing some progress now, but the damage has already been made and you can't reinvent tradition...

But you can always reinvent the propaganda.

In 10 years, I think Russia and America will be in totally different leagues.

Mainly I think it will have to do with America having good leadership and a fine military.

Call us UAT, but you just cant argue with the fact that we are The University Of Alabama, the truth is fan bases really are what keep teams on top. Alabama will be able to upgrade their facilities over and over because we will always fill them up. How will Auburn compete with us as far as facilites go if the fan base is so much smaller??

One more question..... 10 years ago Southern Cal was in our place so are they a has been program. If you look at the history of college football one thing has stand constant. The traditional powerhouses have always gone down and back up. When Alabama gets a coach whether is be Saban or someone else, if he really takes advantage of all of the advantages of UA and stays the coach for a while we wont be a dynasty but we will be a great program again. Probation is behind us and we are basically rebuilding again, there have been 2 probation periods ( the only in UAs history)

Im not saying we will win another 12 championships at all, im just saying that Alabama will always have a hell of alot of potential.

Thats a bold statement to make considering were in the 2000's and I guess you forget how many coaches you have had this decade so far. Not to say that Saban wont stay for a while but what in his past makes you feel that way. Also, I cant disagree with the fact that Alabama has a bigger fan base but you forget that half of them cant afford tickets because otherwise their trailer would get repossesed. Well good luck with breaking the streak and all those "blue chip" recruits you get.

One more question..... 10 years ago Southern Cal was in our place so are they a has been program. If you look at the history of college football one thing has stand constant. The traditional powerhouses have always gone down and back up.

Where's the question in that?

Auburn and Alabama will always be a very even series but dont you think its childish to say that UA will never be good again, you will never have a coach stay more than 5 years ever again. it will happen obviously we will be good again there just isnt a reason we would not be.

One more question..... 10 years ago Southern Cal was in our place so are they a has been program. If you look at the history of college football one thing has stand constant. The traditional powerhouses have always gone down and back up.

I said ten years ago was USC a has been program?

Auburn and Alabama will always be a very even series but dont you think its childish to say that UA will never be good again, you will never have a coach stay more than 5 years ever again. it will happen obviously we will be good again there just isnt a reason we would not be.

I said ten years ago was USC a has been program?

Questions end with a "?". :poke:

If fan bases are all that keeps a team on top, how do you explain: the rise of FSU (no fanbase prior to the 80s), the fall of Syracuse (THE team of Tri-states until this decade and one of the best in-door facilities in America for years), the crappiness of South Carolina (always loyal, donating fans in large numbers... still suck). Your theory has holes the size of a mack truck in it.

Also, how do you think Bryant-Denny and Jordan-Hare are going to get miles apart? Is Bryant-Denny moving sites?

Here's why I ask: Tennessee kept adding and adding to their stadium, but Michigan would just add more and more. In the end, everyone with a brain knew that Michigan, if it so chose, would be the largest stadium in America. Do you think it's because they have more money or more fans? Nope. It's because their stadium is built into a natural bowl. UT, on the other hand, is built straight up. Structurally, they couldn't add the number of seats that the Big House could. The stadium would literally collapse.

Bama can be larger than Auburn, but you know what Bama can't do? They can't just add and add and add seats. Structurally, Bryant-Denny has no place to go out (it's locked in by housing) and the seats can't go into the ground much further (the fist row is nearly head high for players already). That only leaves building up. Can't do that forever.

The point is, there's a ceiling for growth at that stadium. There won't be a great amount of gap ten years from now in seating. Why? Because it's not physically possible. Sorry to disappoint. War Eagle moron. Maybe you guys will enjoy a trip to Memphis next December.

Call us UAT, but you just cant argue with the fact that we are The University Of Alabama, the truth is fan bases really are what keep teams on top. Alabama will be able to upgrade their facilities over and over because we will always fill them up. How will Auburn compete with us as far as facilites go if the fan base is so much smaller??

oh, really? wow, fan bases are what keeps you on top? Guess you've had no fans at your games for the last 8 years, since you are 53-46 since 2000. Odd thing is that we've heard ad nauseam how uaT is selling out every home game, even vanderbilt, and ULM, central Florida, etc... So, which is it? I really wish you uaTers would get together and decide what argument you are going to use. It would really help you look less foolish. uaT won't be able to upgrade over and over either, that's just a stupid thing to say. Everybody knows that you get to a certain point and you can't add any more or make it any different. Delusion at its best.

The thing is, you aren't a "traditional Powerhouse". uaT was a powerhouse of the 60's and 70's and that's it. They have been steadily declining since 1982, and uaT shows no sign of coming back up. uaT isn't going back to what they had in the 70's, sorry, just won't happen. The sooner you accept that, the better off you will be.

Im very tired i didnt even bother to type a question mark, im going to bed soon i just wanted to see why AU fans think UA is a has been team. I just want one reason to support it, Shula obviously wasnt ready to be a coach at Alabama. I blame him and the 2 periods of probation mainly for the drop. (could there be a better excuse, 2 probation periods can really hurt.) If Auburn got 6+ years of probation in the last 10 years it wouldnt be to pretty for you guys either. But you would be back to where you were before it all started.

LSU, FSU and Florida were basically just sleeping giants, so much talent in the states for them not to be good. And im not saying Bryant Denny Stadium will be huge one day im just saying that it will be very impressive. Id say it ends around about 120,000 in about 20 years. They can take the roofing off of the stadium and add a bit more to the upper decks. You realize that dont you???

Of course we will never go back to being like we were in the 70s. Thats not what im saying, im just saying we will become a more consistant and better football team once we get the talent level we had. Not during the 70s, i mean during the 90s. Im not even saying we will be the best in the SEC, im just saying we will be up with LSU and all of the top SEC teams including Auburn.

1993:8-2 (start of probation due to a UA player contacting an NFL agent) (UA had to forfeit 8 wins and 1 tie due to Langham being on the field) (No post Season Play Due to probation)

This is incorrect - in 1993 Alabama's record was/is/and will always remain 0-13. There is no "on the field" record of 8-2 or anything else but 0 - 13. Alabama lost every game that year, period. Additionally, the other "great" years under Stallings were a result of the massive cheating that Alabama did to get put on probation to begin with.

You need to amend your argument to "Every coach that stays five years and cheats like crazy has won."

This is incorrect - in 1993 Alabama's record was/is/and will always remain 0-13. There is no "on the field" record of 8-2 or anything else but 0 - 13. Alabama lost every game that year, period. Additionally, the other "great" years under Stallings were a result of the massive cheating that Alabama did to get put on probation to begin with.

You need to amend your argument to "Every coach that stays five years and cheats like crazy has won."

Stallings is about as classy and respectable as a coach can get. Langham was the one the contacted the agent "after" the championship. And you are right it is considered 0-12 (not 13). but our on the field record was 8-2.

Most Bowl Games (51)

Most Bowl Wins (29)

Most TV Appearances 207

Most 10 win seasons at 22

Total Wins 734 (5th place)

Alabama's Record for First Hundred Years

Won 703 Lost 238 Tied 44 (73.4%)

is this not the defenition of a national powerhouse in college football?

If Auburn got 6+ years of probation in the last 10 years it wouldnt be to pretty for you guys either.

Last time we were on probation, we went undefeated. The next year in 94, we went 9-1-1. We had winning seasons for the next 3 years, not to mention an SEC West Championship in 1997.

Alabama will be fine eventually. In a few years they'll be able to consistently manage 8-9 wins a season, maybe more, maybe less. $aban won't be at UAT more than 2 or 3 more years, and when he's gone, you all will be saying the same thing about ole Nick that you were saying about Dubose, and Perkins, and Shula, and Francione, etc: "We're better off without him . . . I didn't want him in the first place . . . I can't wait till our new coach takes the reigns . . . Rush Probst is the next Bahr . . . I can't wait to hang my new Rush Probst/Bahr picture on my wall."

You'll do good in recruiting this year. Maybe next year if you can manage 8 wins. But chances are, it'll still take you a while to regain that position of equality with the likes of Auburn, LSwho, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. For the time being though, YOU ARE the epitome of a has-been. And every time some Bammer makes the comment that "We're back baby!" and it's followed by an embarassing loss to Miss State or La Monroe, or another perrenial loss to Auburn, it just reinforces that theory.

And im not saying Bryant Denny Stadium will be huge one day im just saying that it will be very impressive. Id say it ends around about 120,000 in about 20 years. They can take the roofing off of the stadium and add a bit more to the upper decks. You realize that dont you???

You realize that adding another 30 - 35,000 seats, on top of your already existing upper decks will make for a very poor gameday experience don't you??? Just ask any visiting fans who have been to Sanford Stadium since they added the third level. They'll tell you they can see our communication satellites from up there.

BDS can expand and do all they want. Auburn will do the same. Eventually, in the next 10 - 15 years, we'll probably expand to over 100,000. We'll stay competitive with the rest of the SEC as far as facilities are concerned. Even now, sitting with 87,000 fans, our stadium is one of the three loudest in the league. Personally, and I think I speak for the majority of Auburn fans, we don't care all that much about what Bama does to their stadium or facilities. We look at it with a kind of subdued curiosity. I think most Auburn fans are concerned more with what we're doing, how our program is functioning, what we're doing to get better.

Congratulations on having a good football tradition. Regardless of how many of your titles are made up, you have alot to be proud of. But if you think that you're somehow ENTITLED to success just because it happened to you 30 years ago, maybe you need to take a couple of hot and cold showers and drink some coffee and try to snap out of it for a sec. Yes, even with the fake NCs, you have more football success than Auburn. But to think that just because it happened in the past means it will happen again is ludicrous. Your tradition and history didn't help you beat Georgia, Florida State, LSwho or us this year. All your talk of greatness couldn't scare La Monroe enough for you to beat them.

Welcome and post often. :rolleyes:

Ryan

Hey.....SMU was a Awesome program too, they'll be "Back". They too will build onto their stadium because with the bigger stadium they can add to their Humongous Egos (just kidding about that, in regards to SMU, I don't think they have huge egos. But, I know a University that does). Your point has been Busted, thanks for playing ACL....Inmate #11190. Your Great and Mighty program is the SMU of the South East....I actually hope yall build onto OUR Stadium, good luck on that.

If fan bases are all that keeps a team on top, how do you explain: the rise of FSU (no fanbase prior to the 80s), the fall of Syracuse (THE team of Tri-states until this decade and one of the best in-door facilities in America for years), the crappiness of South Carolina (always loyal, donating fans in large numbers... still suck). Your theory has holes the size of a mack truck in it.

Also, how do you think Bryant-Denny and Jordan-Hare are going to get miles apart? Is Bryant-Denny moving sites?

Here's why I ask: Tennessee kept adding and adding to their stadium, but Michigan would just add more and more. In the end, everyone with a brain knew that Michigan, if it so chose, would be the largest stadium in America. Do you think it's because they have more money or more fans? Nope. It's because their stadium is built into a natural bowl. UT, on the other hand, is built straight up. Structurally, they couldn't add the number of seats that the Big House could. The stadium would literally collapse.

Bama can be larger than Auburn, but you know what Bama can't do? They can't just add and add and add seats. Structurally, Bryant-Denny has no place to go out (it's locked in by housing) and the seats can't go into the ground much further (the fist row is nearly head high for players already). That only leaves building up. Can't do that forever.

The point is, there's a ceiling for growth at that stadium. There won't be a great amount of gap ten years from now in seating. Why? Because it's not physically possible. Sorry to disappoint. War Eagle moron. Maybe you guys will enjoy a trip to Memphis next December.

Maybe its a conspiracy since Auburn Engineers built BDS.

Stallings is about as classy and respectable as a coach can get. Langham was the one the contacted the agent "after" the championship. And you are right it is considered 0-12 (not 13). but our on the field record was 8-2.

Yeah, he was very classy. :rolleyes: The way he handled getting David Palmer into SPUAT. He was also classy in the way he handled DP's multiple DUI arrests. Should I go on?

Most Bowl Games (51)

Most Bowl Wins (29)

Most TV Appearances 207

Most 10 win seasons at 22

Total Wins 734 (5th place)

Alabama's Record for First Hundred Years

Won 703 Lost 238 Tied 44 (73.4%)

is this not the defenition of a national powerhouse in college football?

the PAST! Jump out of your Delorian and join us in the present, where uaT is mediocre at best.

Im not saying we will win another 12 championships at all, im just saying that Alabama will always have a hell of alot of potential.

You would have to win 12 championships the first time to win another 12 wouldn't you.

A rock at the top of the Empire State Building has a lot of potential, the only potential SPUAT has is to be the laughing stock of the nation for paying $4,000,000 a year to a guy who is such an a**hole that nobody will work for him.

If Auburn got 6+ years of probation in the last 10 years it wouldnt be to pretty for you guys either.

Last time we were on probation, we went undefeated. The next year in 94, we went 9-1-1. We had winning seasons for the next 3 years, not to mention an SEC West Championship in 1997.

Alabama will be fine eventually. In a few years they'll be able to consistently manage 8-9 wins a season, maybe more, maybe less. $aban won't be at UAT more than 2 or 3 more years, and when he's gone, you all will be saying the same thing about ole Nick that you were saying about Dubose, and Perkins, and Shula, and Francione, etc: "We're better off without him . . . I didn't want him in the first place . . . I can't wait till our new coach takes the reigns . . . Rush Probst is the next Bahr . . . I can't wait to hang my new Rush Probst/Bahr picture on my wall."

You'll do good in recruiting this year. Maybe next year if you can manage 8 wins. But chances are, it'll still take you a while to regain that position of equality with the likes of Auburn, LSwho, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. For the time being though, YOU ARE the epitome of a has-been. And every time some Bammer makes the comment that "We're back baby!" and it's followed by an embarassing loss to Miss State or La Monroe, or another perrenial loss to Auburn, it just reinforces that theory.

And im not saying Bryant Denny Stadium will be huge one day im just saying that it will be very impressive. Id say it ends around about 120,000 in about 20 years. They can take the roofing off of the stadium and add a bit more to the upper decks. You realize that dont you???

You realize that adding another 30 - 35,000 seats, on top of your already existing upper decks will make for a very poor gameday experience don't you??? Just ask any visiting fans who have been to Sanford Stadium since they added the third level. They'll tell you they can see our communication satellites from up there.

BDS can expand and do all they want. Auburn will do the same. Eventually, in the next 10 - 15 years, we'll probably expand to over 100,000. We'll stay competitive with the rest of the SEC as far as facilities are concerned. Even now, sitting with 87,000 fans, our stadium is one of the three loudest in the league. Personally, and I think I speak for the majority of Auburn fans, we don't care all that much about what Bama does to their stadium or facilities. We look at it with a kind of subdued curiosity. I think most Auburn fans are concerned more with what we're doing, how our program is functioning, what we're doing to get better.

Congratulations on having a good football tradition. Regardless of how many of your titles are made up, you have alot to be proud of. But if you think that you're somehow ENTITLED to success just because it happened to you 30 years ago, maybe you need to take a couple of hot and cold showers and drink some coffee and try to snap out of it for a sec. Yes, even with the fake NCs, you have more football success than Auburn. But to think that just because it happened in the past means it will happen again is ludicrous. Your tradition and history didn't help you beat Georgia, Florida State, LSwho or us this year. All your talk of greatness couldn't scare La Monroe enough for you to beat them.

Welcome and post often. :rolleyes:

Ryan

Good Post, thats the type of comment i wanted all along. Auburn will always be good too, every college team will have a bad decade of football. Its happened to us before and its even happened to Auburn, USC and everyone. Alabama has always been a very consistant program despite the 40s and this decade. Alabama has still even had two ten win seasons in the 2000s

Archived