Jermaine Johnson bumped to 5 star status?

PChamp119

So if you go to the Complete Rankings, he is a 5 Star. The top recruits listed on the main page still has him as a 4 star. I realize it doesn't really matter, but thought I would make note of it.

Who is Jermaine Johnson?

Big Offensive Lineman out of Prep School. One of only two in the class so far...

*Update* His status was bumped to 5 star

He is the only O lineman in the class if I am not mistaken.

I thought that too, until I double checked. I forgot we just received Freddie Smooth's commitment. He is listed as an OL

I thought that too, until I double checked. I forgot we just received Freddie Smooth's commitment. He is listed as an OL

I've heard he's projected as a DL, but could go either way.

I've heard he's projected as a DL, but could go either way.

The coaches recruited him as a DL. But time will tell. Now I am just glad he is headed to :au:

Uh, okay I understand how a recruit could get bumped down (e.g. he gets hurt in one of the all-star games, coaches start reporting he's self-centered, etc) but HOW does a recruit get bumped UP a star this close to signing day?

As much as I love following recruitng and have been doing it for about 25 years, this is what makes total garbage out of the recruitment rankings, especially the "star" system.

Uh, okay I understand how a recruit could get bumped down (e.g. he gets hurt in one of the all-star games, coaches start reporting he's self-centered, etc) but HOW does a recruit get bumped UP a star this close to signing day?

As much as I love following recruitng and have been doing it for about 25 years, this is what makes total garbage out of the recruitment rankings, especially the "star" system.

I'm not sure about this and some others know MUCH more than I do, but I think they probably just got around to watching updated film on him.

Wait a minute, what "updated" film are they watching of a 4 star recruit that's been a 4 star recruit for 9 months that could change their impression a few days before signing day? He's been an extremely high recruit for 9 months and has videos out the wazoo of his last 4 years for these "premium" site recruiting experts to look at! I don't remember him making any incredible splash in any of the all-star games (none of which are recent any way). Is he videotaping workouts in his back yard? This doesn't make sense.

How can a recruit move UP this late in the game?

He originally played O line, but has played D-line the last 2 years and was recruited as a DT. I guess they could swap him back though.

In High School he only played One Year of football...his Senior Year. In the Spring they had him at DT, but because of losing 4 DI linemen that year they moved him over to the RT position once Fall started. He signed with Auburn in '07 as a OT/OG, but he didn't qualify so he went to Hargrave and played there as an OT. Now he's a resign for the Oline. With the addition of Freddie Smooth, that's where he'll probably stay.

Who is Jermaine Johnson?

Mountain man character played by Robert Redford.

Wasn't that Jeremiah Johnson?

no no no Jeremiah was a bullfrog!

From the 12th Chapter of Jermaine...beginning in verse one..."And the Tiger shall dominate the mullet...etc."

:au::homer:

Uhh, what?

If I'm not mistaken, Rivals only updates their Prep and JUCO rankings once, and that comes at the end of the year before signing day. They make their initial Prep/JUCO rankings early (before SR season for Prep and JUCO players) and then update them once they see SR footage and progression.

Jermaine Johnson got bumped up now because thats when Rivals decided to re-evaluate their Prep rankings.

• 3 months later...

I haven't heard any talk about this kid since national signing day. I keep seeing our O line depth charts but no one is saying anything about this guy. He was a 5 star commit this year so what's the deal? Is he still Auburn bound or has his status changed?

I haven't heard any talk about this kid since national signing day. I keep seeing our O line depth charts but no one is saying anything about this guy. He was a 5 star commit this year so what's the deal? Is he still Auburn bound or has his status changed?

He hasn't gotten into school yet so there is nothing to really talk about...

If he gets in he'll be here with the rest of the '08 class which didn't get in early. Wont really know his status until his final grades come in.

Archived