So why isn't Deas still a commitment?

PChamp119

This is just to bug those who love recruiting rankings even when it means having players that won't qualify.

So Deas is going to be headed to JUCO. Well so what is the big deal about that? That doesn't stop from making sure other "commits" that are going JUCO from making the recruit commit list. How is Deas any different from other JUCO guys, with the exception that he is from a prep school.

This is just to bug those who love recruiting rankings even when it means having players that won't qualify.

So Deas is going to be headed to JUCO. Well so what is the big deal about that? That doesn't stop from making sure other "commits" that are going JUCO from making the recruit commit list. How is Deas any different from other JUCO guys, with the exception that he is from a prep school.

Who cares?

Yes, I do. Hey, if everyone is crazy about these other JUCO guys, why not be crazy about Deas? He is no different from the other 4+ guys we have going JUCO

I've been wondering the same thing....If he's a definite to go back to JUCO then why not have him still listed, kinda like the QB that said he was going to sign with AU on his way to JUCO. Unless, AU took their offer away from him because he might have lied to them about being qualified. That's one of Auburn's biggest pet peeve, if you go JUCO or Prep....You need to show us that you want to be an Auburn Tiger by hitting the books and staying out of trouble. I think the books part is the main deal breaker (see Tim Lamb), especially with the stronger academics the NCAA's putting on everyone.

Yep. I believe he no longer has an offer from AU. The recruiting rankings can't just drop guys because they dont know anymore than you or I do whether a guy will actually qualify. They could go back after everyone either qualifies or doesnt and "reevaluate" the classes, but by that time no one cares about last years class.

Can you please get your panties out of a wad about this?

Honest question. How do you go back to JUCO?

He's not. He's from a prep school - Milford Academy.

I think it's possible to leave JUCO after just 1 year though, and in that case, if you were planning on leaving, you could just go back.

Archived